chapter 19 ~ flying

mature language

Georges pov=

Dream and I ended up sorting out all the final details, and he managed to get a plane ticket too. Wilbur was driving us all to the airport so he could say goodbye.

"Promise me you'll call sometime tomorrow" Wilbur says to me and Tommy.

"Yeah, ill make sure of it" I tell him, and he comes foward to hug me.

I hug him back, and then he makes his way over to Tommy. I can feel my nerves start to kick in as I watch the time creep closer to the time of our flight.

I feel Dreams arms suddenly wrap tightly around my waist as he kisses me on my cheek. I try to give him a small smile back, but I fail.

"Whats wrong?" he asks me quietly.

"I dont mix well with flying" I tell him, feeling my nerves start to rise again when the word 'flying' comes out of my mouth.

"Youll be fine, you have me" he says to me, standing up straight before he takes my hand. I squeeze it harder then I mean too, but he doesnt wince or pull away, he just squeezes my hand back.

I watch as Wilbur double checks everything over with Tommy for what must be the fourth time.

Hes listing things out as Tommy tells him if he does or doesnt have them, and I can hear Dream chuckle as he watches them too. Id probably laugh aswell if I didnt feel sick.

Wilbur walks back over to us with Tommy and starts talking to Dream, and he gives him a small hug before I hear someone call out our flight number.

Wilbur says a final goodbye as we disappear down the long walkway towards the door of the plane.

Tommys walking ahead of me and Dream, unbothered. Dreams carrying both of our bags in one hand as he holds mine with his other.

"Are you excited to be going home?" Dream asks, and Tommy turns around at the sound of his voice.

"Yeah, but im gonna miss everyone, I hope we can come back again soon" he tells Dream, dropping back to walk beside me.

Hes already had to put up with my nerves around flying before, so he doesnt notice it now.

"What about you?" Dream asks me, and I turn to face him.

"Yeah, I guess" I say, and thats all I can manage to get out before I start feeling sick again.

Why hasnt someone invented a better way of travel rather than flying across big oceans in metal tubes?

"We'll be fine George, just try to think aboout London" Dream says to me, and when Tommy hears London he starts blabbering about stuff we can do whilst Dream is there.

Dream starts talking to Tommy, and im glad. As much as im grateful that I have Dream right now, im not in the mood to chat.

"And you might get to meet Tubbo" I hear Tommy tell him, as we catch up to the small line in front of the plane doors.

"Whats a Tubbo?" Dream asks him, and that makes me laugh. He looks down at me with a suprised expression thrown across his face when he hears me.

"Tubbos not a what, hes a person" Tommy tells him smiling.

"A person?" Dream asks him, turning his eyes back to Tommy.

"Yeah, my best friend" Tommy tells him, and I can hear the proudness shine out of his voice.

Tommy hands his ticket to the woman stood at the door of the plane before climbing through the door.

Dream practically drags me alongside him, handing both of our tickets to the smiling woman. She nods at us, and he pulls me along behind Tommy.