chapter 30 ~ shoved

mature language

//Dreams pov

Tuesday, 3:15 pm

Id been torn between sleep and consciousness, but the buzzing from my bedside desk starts to piss me off after a while.

I lean over and snatch the phone from the table, letting my eyes rest on the screen.

I dont want to answer, the second I see his name lighting up my phone I feel like throwing it out the window.

But it could be important, and if I dont pick up I know ill regret it.

"Hello?"

For a second I think im too late, hes already hung up.

Until I hear his voice ringing through the phone.

"Hey" Wilbur replies.

He doesnt sound angry, he doesnt even sound mildly pissed. In fact, he sounds pretty normal, as if nothing had happened.

"Whyd you call?" I ask him.

"I wanted to know if youre free later" he answers.

I am, id actually been planning on going to his later to find George.

"Yeah, yeah I am, why?"

"I want to talk to you" he says.

Why does he want to talk to me? And how am I going to talk to him without seeing George?

"Oh, yeah, I mean sure" I respond, rubbing my forehead. "Where?"

"My place, anytime today is fine"

"How about now?" I ask, sitting up out of bed.

"If that suits you then sure"

"Alright, give me like an hour to get ready" I tell him.

"What, are you still in bed?" he asks me, chuckling slightly.

"Maybe"

Of course I was, I had nothing else to be doing for the last day and a half.

I hear him let out a small laugh before he returns to the phone.

"Ill see you then"

"Bye" I say, hanging up the phone.

I roll out of bed and wander to my bathroom, getting towels ready, switching on the shower and immediately getting in. I couldnt be bothered to wait for the water to warm up.

I keep the shower short, then getting myself dressed and heading out to the living room.

Sapnap had gone home yesterday evening. Id tried to get him to stay, but he was having none of it. Id made him promise to come back soon though.

Ranboos on the couch, but I dont think he hears me come in.

"Hey, im going to Wilburs" I tell him, walking up behind the couch.

He turns to face me, his eyes worried.

"Will you be okay? Do you want me to come with?" he asks.

"No, ill be alright" I reply, but I dont know who im trying to convince, me or him.

"Are you sure? I can pretend I wanna talk to Wilbur about the band, and then get you alone with.. him" he tells me, avoiding his name.

Maybe he'd noticed how I didnt like saying it right now.

"Thanks" I tell him, screwing up his hair. "But ill be fine, honestly"

His eyes linger on me for a few more seconds, before he drops his stare.