chapter 51 ~ him

• mature language
• mentions of overdosing

Georges pov=

- April 1st 2021

"George"

"Mhmm"

"George, get up"

"Mhm, leave me alone"

"George, you need to get up"

I feel my hand shake once, and then twice.

"George"

The first thing I notice is the back pain from falling asleep in a chair.

My spine feels stretched out, and I realize its because ive leaned over the chair awkwardly, causing my head to be now resting upon his hospital bed.

"George you're gonna hurt yourself laying like that"

The second thing I notice is the gentle rubbing along my hand.

It tickles, feeling his slim fingers slowly make their way up and down my palms, eventually trailing over the back of my hand.

I can hear him chuckle slightly when my fingers twitch a little.

"Cmon, up you get"

The third thing I notice is that hes awake, and hes calling my name.

I feel awkward moving, and im definitely not ready to look at him yet. So I stay put, I stay layed in the same position.

"Geo-"

I squeeze down on his hand, letting him know that im awake.

And then theres silence.

Its not uncomfortable though, his hand has gone back to playing with mine, and im still layed against the bed.

Its like we dont need to speak, I know we'll have to eventually, sure.

But for now, its nice to just soak in his presence. Im guessing hes doing the same considering his silence.

I wonder how long hes been awake, I wonder what he thought when he saw me.

The rooms fallen dark, and its now that im realizing how long I mustve been asleep for. It would definitely explain the back pain.

"You scared me half to death" I whisper.

He doesnt respond, but instead grips my index finger and gently rubs over my knuckle. 'The movements are making me sleepy, but I cant fall back asleep now, not whilst hes awake.

"Im sorry" he hushes, his voice coming out clearer then ever.

Being able to hear him again isnt something im used to yet, making his voice ring in my ears.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I insist quietly, "im the one wh-"

"No, you arent doing that"

"Doing what?"

"Taking the full blame, this isnt all on you"

"Yes it i-"

"George who created this entire mess? Who lied?"

"I dont care who lied, I shouldve at least of liste-"

"No, you had every right to leave, this isnt on you" he repeats.

His voice sounds final, as if thats the underlying truth and he wont stand to listen to anything else. I know theres no point in arguing with him now, but I cant help myself.