chapter 22 ~ warmth

mature language

Georges pov=

We stand in the middle of the street, and I can see the snow starting to come down harder and faster.

The road is dark, but the streetlights are bright enough so that I can see the small white particles float out from the sky.

Its quiet though, almost too quiet.

"The snow absorbs sound" Dream says from beside me, almost like he can read my mind.

I lean down and scoop up some of the snow into my hand. Its cold, and I can feel my fingers starting to slowly numb.

I move the snow around in my fingers, morphing it into a sphere. I slowly back away from Dream, lifting my arm into the air.

"George if you throw that at me ill murder you" he says, looking dead serious.

His words bring up excitement, and I can hear the voice inside my head telling me to pelt it at him.

So thats what I do, and hes definitely not happy about it.

I watch the snowball hit his jacket. Some of the snow sticks, but the rest falls to the ground.

I start laughing at the expression on his face, unable to help myself. Hes so dramatic.

He leans down swiftly, picking a lump of snow out of the ground and shifting it into a round shape.

Hes starting to grin, looking at me smugly. I can feel myself starting to regret my decision.

"No okay im sor-" I start, but im cut off by him throwing his snowball directly in my face.

I can hear his laughter fill up the empty street as he wheezes at me. I push the snow from my eyes, leaning down to pick back up more snow.

"Oh I wouldnt do it again if I we-" but he doesnt get to finish his sentence, as ive already chucked a lump of snow into the front of his jacket, adding on to the snow that had been left there since my last throw.

And it continues on like that for a little while, I throw one at him and right after he'll chuck one right back at me.

He keeps purposefully aiming for my face, laughing whenever he manages to hit me.

He tries moving out of the way of one of my oncoming snowballs, but ends up landing in the snow. I see my chance and I take it.

I run over and sit myself on his lap, making it so he cant sit up.

I take a small amount of snow from the ground beside us and start rubbing it on his face.

"Oh hm, thats just great" he says sarcastically, his eyes closed to prevent any snow from getting in.

"Dyou like that?" I ask him, laughing. Wasnt so big and great now, was he?

"Love it" he mumbles, trying to shut his lips as I make my way down his face.

I feel something cold combine with my the back of my head, and I realize hes rubbing snow in my hair.

He takes my moment of uncertainty as a chance to sit up, pulling me deeper into his lap.

He places his hand under my chin, turning me to look at him.

His face is drowned in small flakey particles, and some are even dangling from the front of his hair.

His face is slightly red, and im guessing its from the cold. I never get to see his face pink, so im staring at him without realizing.

He leans his head to mine, kissing me without hesitation. I kiss him back, but after a few seconds I pull away.