WELCOME BACK ( 집에 돌아왔어 )

" There is no hospitality like understanding. "

-Vanna Bonta

" Captain! " The dark-haired man spun his head toward the alarmed-looking Minseok and frowned.

" What's going on? "

" We found them! The missing hybrids, we found them! "

With wide eyes, all the detectives in the room turned their heads and gasped. Taesong was the first to walk toward Minseok and asked him if it was true, which the blond-haired man quickly confirmed that it was.

" They managed to run away? "

Youngjae butted in, " But how would they have done that? All together... "

They all turned their eyes toward captain Shin. The man pondered for a bit with a troubled look on his face before he nodded his head. " Let's check what this is all about. "

Each detective was assigned to interrogate the owners of each missing hybrid and understand what had happened overnight.

Looking around, Hoseok knocked on a door a few times before it swung wide open, revealing a middle-aged woman.

" Oh, detective Jung, what might brings you here? "

Before the man was able to reply, another voice butted in, " He is here for me. Aren't you? "

A dog breed hybrid appeared behind the woman and leaned against the door.

" I don't have anything to say to you, though. "

Hoseok stared at the black-haired male and turned his eyes back on the woman. " Ms Lee, might I come inside? "

Reluctantly, the woman pushed the door to let the man enter. Hoseok passed by the hybrid and walked into their living room.

" Detective... " The woman figged with her fingers, " I thank you for your service, but now that our Beomgyu is back home... "

Hoseok smiled at the reasoning behind the woman's word.

" I understand, and I'm glad that your hybrid came back safely, " His eyes flickered on Beomgyu, " However, it is also part of my duty to understand what had happened to him so, so if you could please- "

" I ran away, got tired, then got back home. Can you leave now? " Stated the hybrid.

" Beomgyu! " The woman turned her head back at the detective and apologized. " It is as he said. I fought with my son, and he left, but now- "

Hoseok eyes widened at her words for a second before he gained back his composure. It has never been a secret that it was easier to adopt a hybrid rather than a human kid.

This woman, Lee Chaerin, had done that.

When she had first reported her son's disappearance, it was quite clear how significant the hybrid was to her.

Gaining back his sense, the man frowned, " You never spoke about a fight before, though. "

The woman gasped, " A-Ah yes, that's because... I felt ashamed and was worried...But everything has been cleared up now, detective. "

Hoseok nodded, "... I understand, though I do have some questions for your son. " His dark orbs turned on him. " How were you able to survive by yourself these past few weeks? Have you perhaps..." The man looked through his phones, " Seen any of these people? "

" No. "

" You haven't even looked properly. Please have another look. Those hybrids have been missing for months. Their family has been waiting anxiously for them as your mother did. "