THE DOORS OF HELL ( 지옥의 문 )

" Things never go wrong at the moment you except them to. When you are completly relaxed, oblivious to any potential danger, that's when bad things happen. "
-C.K Kelly Martin

" There is a lot you need to know, young boy... "

The young boy tilted his head in confusion before the cry of a child echoed outside the room. He flinched in his seat, wondering what was going on. It sounded like the voice of one of the Catahoula Leopard siblings from earlier.

What was happening to them?

Gulping, he turned his head back toward Dr. Choi, while his hands clenched around the white fabric he was given a moment ago, and asked, " What do I need to know? What is this place? "

With an unreadable expression, Dr. Choi abruptly stood up from his seat, and Yoongi winced back. He next walked around his desk and pointed at the examination table behind him. Following his eyes, the wolf hybrid tilted his head before he looked back at him, watching him grab a stethoscope that was laying on his desk.

" Sit there. I will explain to you what this place is while I will be examining you. "

Uncertain, the boy stood up from his seat while his hands were still clenched around the white fabric and sat on the examination table.

" Take a deep breath. " He directed.

Yoongi closed his eyes and did as he was told. " What was that scream? " He finally managed to ask.

" Probably a scared child. Hybrids are very sensitive living beings. That child must have had a panic attack and started to scream. This happens a lot. "

Yoongi lowered his head, not sure how to take in his statement.

" Take a deep breath, again. "

He took a deep breath, again, and exhaled when he was asked to. The man later put down his stethoscope and grabbed a file on his desk, which he assumed to be his since he started writing something in.

Then, while the doctor was measuring the boy's blood pressure, he asked him, " So, what is this place? It's not just a Hybrid Center, is it? "

Dr. Choi nodded his head, " You are right. It's not your usual Hybrid Center. This one specifically regroups all the rare hybrid species here. " He explained before he looked at him, and added, " Hybrids like you. "

He gulped, " Why? "

" Because you are a rare type of hybrid. Even in Daegu, the rate of fecundation for a wolf hybrid is only 11,75%. It's very low if we compare it to 7 years ago, which was at least 46%. The same goes for the other hybrids who are here. We still cannot explain the reason for this decrease, merely the fact that rare hybrid like you are hunted down can be one of the reasons. "

He took off the blood pressure test and noted the result on his file.

" Then... are we...here to be protected? "

Dr. Choi halted his movement before he took a newly wrapped syringe from the other side of the room. " In a way, you will be. This facility will protect you from any harm coming from outside. You will be nourished, given new clothes, educated, and even trained to protect yourself and others. "

The boy frowned, " What is this for? " he pointed at the syringe.

The doctor followed his eyes and looked at his hand, " Blood test is part of the examination. Are you scared of needles? "

He shook his head, " Good, it will be easier for me. " He approached his before gently grabbed his arm and looked for the right vein to poke the needle in.