BUTTERFLY EFFECT (나비 효과)

" Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind. "
- Cassandra Clare

Popeye.

This name sounded so familiar yet so foreign to the wolf hybrid. Where did he know that name? He tried to search for any memory of that name in his mind as his black fluffy tail was slightly wagging from left to right. Î' habit he had when he was intrigued about something. His dark ears were alert, and his dark chocolate eyes were glued on the screen.

" In the Tree House..." He finally mumbled in realization.

He remembered seeing drawings of different figures belonging to Sora and to two of her other friends on the walls. If he remembered correctly, Sora's drawing was a little girl named Byul that was standing far on the left and had her hand intertwined with another boy, who was standing in the middle and was named Apollo, which was supposed to be Jaebum, who also had his hand intertwined with another little boy that was standing on the right and named... Popeye, which belonged to...

" Hoseok! "

Her dream ended abruptly, as Sora was shaken back into reality. Her eyes opened, her eyelashes faintly batting as she realized that it was barely a dream. She was sweating and noticed how her heart was still beating crazily in her chest. Her hands traveled from her head to her heart as her eyes were glued on the ceiling. Her muscles felt weak, just like her energy. She let out an exasperated sigh with her eyes closed as flashbacks of her dream, or rather memories traveled in her mind.

She opened back her eyes, closed them, then opened them again to adjust them to the sunlight that was peeking through her window. She laid on her bed, debating whether or not she should get up. She then slowly sat up from her bed, confused as to why she was still wearing her cloth from yesterday until Sora remembered she stayed late at night with Yoongi watching some movies.

She let out a sigh, still feeling tired but decided to finally get up from her bed and walked toward her bathroom to take a warm shower and get ready for work.

As she got ready, she looked for her phone in her room but couldn't find it anywhere. She concluded she left it in the living room yesterday night and went to look for it. She was right, it was right on the table, but strangely enough, she didn't remember leaving it there. She just shrugged as she thought it was okay as long as she found it. She took it into her palm, then wore her coat that was hanging on the chair and went to her hybrid room to greet him before leaving. Surprisingly enough, he wasn't in his room.

" Did he start early today? " She asked herself. She felt kinda sad since she noticed that both of them have been so busy with work that they didn't see each other as often as they did before.

She made her mind to ask for Namjoon to change her shift and have some time with Yoongi. The male hybrid might not admit it, but he had the soft side of a wolf, like when pups become distressed when away from familiar individuals and objects and are relieved when they are back near them. He may be quiet yet loud, calm yet distressed, a loner was yet easy-going. He is kind, never harsh, and tolerant. Of course, he wasn't perfect, he had his own flaws and had made many mistakes, but that was why Sora promised herself to never leave him alone.

Kim Seokjin was diligently working on his computer at home when he suddenly heard knocks on his door. He was slightly surprised as he didn't expect anyone today but guessed it might have been Taehyung that had forgotten something at his house, like many previous times before. He got up from his seat, walked toward the front door, and didn't bother to verify the identity of his guest.

" Jin. " A deep voice called up his name.

" Oh? Yoongi? What are you doing here? Where is Sora? " The young man asked as he looked behind the hybrid in trace of his best friend.