RAIN ( 비 )

" Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you, too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins. "
-Gustave Flaubert

Kissed by the rain, he stomped on the grass and felt the mud beneath his black boots. He stopped walking and let his eyes gaze upon the dark sky. He held out his hand in the air, wishing to catch the moon and the stars, to feel them, to touch them, or perhaps was it the memory he had under this starry night that he wanted to feel again.

His fingers traveled to his lips and brushed them so slightly that it felt like a ghost touch.

His phone suddenly buzzed and showed him a phone caller, " Yeah, Minseok? "

" Hey, we have found new evidence for the case. Can you come? "

" Sure, I will be there in ten minutes. " Hanged up the man and walked back toward his car. As the car engine sang to the silence of the night, there was plenty of room for him to drive faster and didn't slow down for the rain.

It didn't take him long before he arrived at the headquarters. He opened the doors and saw three men talking before the projecting pictures of several neighborhoods.

One of them noticed the man and said, " Oh, you have come right on time. Look a this. "

The man took the file from his hand and read the reports. " Six hybrids went missing in a month? Isn't that the double of last month? " Asked the dark-haired man to his fellow coworker.

" It is, and they share the same characteristics. Look. " Said, Taesong.

Taesong became a detective three years ago. He had always been serious in his work, but outside he was something else. He was playful and liked going to clubs when they didn't have work. He was popular with women as his body was well sculpted. Broad shoulders, tall, dark brown hair with a muscled body.

He projected the pictures of different male hybrids. And indeed, they all shared the same facial features, black hair, black fur, around the same age, and they were all from dog breeds.

" Is it caused by the same organization that we are looking for? " He asked.

" It seems like it. The way they disappeared without a trace and by the few pieces of evidence we had found so far, everything is pointing at them. " Said Minseok.

Minseok was the oldest on the team, yet he had the youngest face. Nevertheless, he was very manly, and everyone had a lot of respect for him. He had been working as a police investigator for six years. He was tall, had dirty blond hair, and had dark eyes that looked like one of a cat.

" Does our team leader knows? " Asked the black-haired man this time.

" Not yet. He said he had something urgent to take care of and let us take care of the case until he comes back. " Explained Youngjae.

Youngjae has been on their team for only a year, yet he was very productive. He had worked with the Cyberpolice before and proven to be the joker for his team. He was really smart when it came to computers and technology, but could be quite a sarcastic and tactless type of man to his co-workers. He had light brown hair, a mole under his left eye and had to wear glasses since he was in front of a screen 90% of his time. He wasn't the tallest in the group, but his body was well built.

The young man nodded his head, " But why have they suddenly started picking up a particular type of hybrids? Most of them are stray ones... And the others have already their own owners, and it mainly happens around Hongdae. Why is it that? " He thought out loud.