DAYFLY ( 하루살이 )

"  Intelligent, non-aggressive, and friendly with the ability to make strong emotional attachments are among those traits we can generalize about the magnificent wolf. "
-  Lisa Matthews

The Hybrid was walking through the forest, his combat boots stepping on leaves with different shades of red, yellow, and brown, covered with dirt. Each step made him feel lighter and better. He then started to run, to jump, to swing between trees.

These feet were made to travel at speed and as light as the paws of a wolf. Breathing steadily, his heart throbbing inside his chest, the young Hybrid was made to run. Quite ironic, he thought. It was the only thing he was good at.

His long, raven-colored hair bounced on his forehead as he flung himself over sharp rocks and heavy tree trunks. He didn't know where he was, nor did he know where he was heading to. He had no idea what time it was and had no clue for how long he had been running. All he knew was he had to keep running forward. Not stopping for anything.

For some reason, he started to think about the scent of Sora when he asked her about the picture on her wall. Her scent was a mixture of tender feelings, reproach, and helplessness. Yoongi noticed how her words began trailing when she started talking about that Hoseok guy. Not only that, but her expression started changing too. The more he started thinking about it, the more he began to feel something he couldn't comprehend.

What was it? He asked himself. Her eyes, her voice, her scent gave away everything. But what was it?

Abruptly, Yoongi felt another presence somewhere around him. He stopped before catching his breath, his lungs felt like they would burst, and his throat felt so dry. His ears twitched at the sound of some bushes moving and steps approaching him.

I'm not alone, he thought.

" This scent... " Yoongi's face fell, his rosy lips slightly parted, and his eyes were as wide as they could stretch.

A wolf had appeared before him.

On the other side of the forest, Sora curled her fingers around the fabric of her sweater, feeling goosebumps traveling all around her body.

She shivered.

She took the coat that hanged behind the door and wore it. Then, walked toward the fireplace and threw in some dry woods, and used a lighter and a paper to throw them in the plod. With a satisfied look on her face, she sat back on the chair and watched the fire start.

Then, after some time, Sora took out her phone and noticed that an hour and a half had passed since Yoongi left. She decided to text him, and while waiting for his reply, She continued admiring and feeling nostalgic of the past.

Memories traveled through her head.

A few minutes passed and decided to check if Yoongi replied but noticed that he didn't even read her text. She grew worried since it started to get colder outside.

She clicked on his ID icon and called him. One ring, two rings, three rings, four-He didn't answer.

" Did he get lost? " That couldn't be possible. Unless he went too far away and lost track of time.

With her phone in hand, Sora went outside to look for him.

She walked toward the path she remembered seeing him take earlier. " Yoongi? Yoongi! Where are you? " She kept calling his name but heard no answer.

" Where did he go? " She sighed, " He will hear from me when I will find him, seriously... Yoongi! Wolfie, where are you ?! Yoongi, please answer me! "