COMPLICATED ( 복잡하다 )

" Strange how complicated we can make things just to avoid showing what we feel! "

-Erich Maria Remarque

A few weeks had passed since Yoongi had given his statement to the FPH and gave them proof of the attempted kidnapping he experienced. They photographed his injuries as Lisa gave them his medical record while the team leader of the case, Mr. Shin, had demanded for Sora and her hybrid to be under witness protection.

However, the FPH had not enough evidence to get a search warrant that could authorize the detectives to conduct a search of Song Hyuji and his daughter's house for evidence of a crime.

So, Sora had prepared herself to take the Song to court and fight for Yoongi's rights and freedom so they wouldn't lay a hand on him.

Despite that, her demand was denied, and could not pursue the Song to court. It didn't take long for the young woman to understand the reason. It was well known that influential families as theirs could not be touched so easily. They owned the beauty market and much more.

So all Sora could hope for would be that the FPH would be able to find the missing hybrids, the kidnappers, and get a direct confession from Song Hyejin.

How difficult could that be? Very much.

" Sora. "

At the sound of his voice, the young woman turned around and was soon greeted by his heart-shaped smile.

" Hoseok. " She walked toward him as she saw him standing near the entrance of the Center.

" You finished late today. " Pointed out the man.

She nodded, " There has been a slight problem with some data, so I had to go over them. Anyway, I didn't have the time to text Yoongi. Did he get home safely? "

" Yes, don't worry. Taesong bought him home safely. "

It has been over two weeks since Hoseok's chief had demanded witness protection for Yoongi and his owner. Hoseok and one of his colleagues, Taesung, were charged for protecting them and keeping them under surveillance, in case the Song were to contact any of the two.

" However, you have never really explained to me what your job consists of exactly? "

Sora pondered on how to explain the man, her work as simply as possible, and spoke, " Well, each month, we find and rescue different hybrids. Those numbers of rescues turn into a percentage that I have to enter into a database for our Center. This way, we can prove our efficiency to the government and can improve our operations. Also, since I collect our hybrids data, I'm one of the searchers who takes care of the help calls from the hybrids. "

" Help calls? "

Sora pursued her explanation, " You must be aware that each hybrid who is adopted is given a rescue device by the Center. " Hoseok nodded, " Well, thanks to the data I have in my possession, I can activate the device's GPS and follow the location of the hybrid and ask for backup from the FPH if needed. That's why you always see me on my laptop. I often go through a list of hybrids and see if everything is okay while collecting information about our newcomers. "

" Sound tough. "

" Not as tough as your job. " Pointed out the young woman, " You are always the first on a crime scene, which can include a lot of danger. Even more, since it involves the presence of hybrids. "

Hoseok agreed, " You get used to it over time. "

He opened the door of the passenger seat and let Sora get in his car before he closed back the door. He quickly walked the other way and got to the driver seat before sharing a look with Sora and start the engine.