CHOICE ( 선택 )

" One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up. "

-Mandy Hale

The wolf hybrid had picked the commotion downstairs by the sound of a gunshot followed by a dreadful silence. His hands warping around his fluffy ears, he was confused about what was happening.

As the male slowly approached the stairs, his nose was able to pick up familiar scents, but among them, one stood out specifically.

" Sora. "

His eyes widened at her sweet scent lingering around the first floor.

On the other hand, Hoseok had his hand still wrapped around Sora's wrist, leading her to god knows where.

Sora tried to shook it off but to no avail.

" What are you doing? "

Without a word, Hoseok opened a random door and quickly pushed the woman inside before closing it and leaning against it.

" Seriously, what are you doing?! We have to find- "

" We have to talk. "

Sora frowned, " Are you serious? Can't that wait? I have to find Yoongi! "

He shook his head, " No, if not now, I won't be able to let you go. "

Shock brought quietness within the room, a moment for Sora to feel her emotions change gear and spin like a wheel for what is to come. And as if the man had spoken a language she couldn't understand, her lips formed this foolish question.

" W-what? What are you talking about? "

His dark orbs observing her trembling form, he tilted his head a bit and breathed out.

" Sora, I'm going to be very blunt about it, and I hope you will forgive me- "

" Don't! "

Her eyes glued on the floor, she muttered, " I have to find Yoongi. I don't have the time to chit-chat about our past. "

" I'm talking about our present, Sora. "

The waver in his voice made her look up and gulp.

" I am sorry for choosing such a moment, but it's because we are in this situation that I have to. Because, if not now... I don't think I will ever be able to be this honest with you. "

His eyes piercing into hers, her breath hitched.

" ...Okay. "

Sora knew such a moment would come. She knew it, yet she was still not prepared.

" I love you. "

There it was. The words Sora was longing to hear yet was so scared to believe in.

As if her brain had stopped working altogether, all the woman could express were stuttering words.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

When Sora had become aware of her greed, she started hiding. Playing ignorant to Yoongi's feelings while trying to keep her own feelings for Hoseok locked.

Her eyes finally fluttered open and turned toward the man's figure. His dark orbs were staring right at her to apprehend her movements, her words.

" I can't. "

There was a long silence.

" Why? "

Sora winced at the sound of his voice breaking as he asked her that short yet complex question.