HOMETOWN SMILE ( 그의 미소 )

" Hide in your heart a bitter thought, still it has power to blight, Think Love, althought you speak, it not, it gives the world more light. "

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

His coffee eyes focused outside while his head gently banged against the window glass. A light sigh escaped his lips. Despite his calm demeanor, his thoughts were all over the place. A part of him regretted leaving the young woman alone with him but thought it was something that had to be done.

None were able to make the first step and reach out for the other, so the wolf hybrid assumed he had to push them so they would talk and clear the misunderstanding that was covering those two.

This decision left him with a heavy heart but reminded him of his conversation with Hoseok this morning at the station. It was something he had to do. Not for him, but for Sora. All he did until now had always been for her and always will be.

At least, that's how the young hybrid wanted to justify his selfish desires.

The hybrid, deep in thoughts, recalled his early interaction with the Hoseok. The two men shared a look from across the table, analyzing each other's behavior.

For some reason, the wolf hybrid was conflicted by his feelings. In a way, he was angry at the man sitting before him for contributing to Sora's pain and uncertainty.

Yet, he also felt curious about his story. A part of him linked with Hoseok's younger self.

Denied, running away, survival. Those were things the man before him had to go through, and so did, Yoongi.

" As you might already know, many hybrids have been reported missing this past few months. They all- "

" Share the same features as I am. Yes, they are looking for me, I am aware. " Interrupted nonchalantly, the young hybrid.

The dark-haired man nodded, " Good. Do you know who might be after you and why? "

" We both know who. " Stated the hybrid. " The Song family. I was their hybrid a few years ago before I ran away, but you already know that. Now, could you cut the chase and ask me real questions? "

The two officers were a bit surprised by Yoongi bluntness, but nevertheless, Hoseok asked before he cleared his throat, " Right. Then, why did you run away? "

The wolf hybrid sighed before he replied, " I had enough working for those humans. As much as I was accorded some kind of freedom. It was no different from living as a living doll. I was tired of answering to the desires of a spoiled lady. "

As soon as those words left his lips, Yoongi remembered that woman's eyes. Her rust-colored eyes whenever she would look at him with desire, yet wickedness. Her tender yet rough touch. The way her lips would lift up whenever he was executing her wishes or the way she would praise him for his efforts.

It was no secret for him to know why she was still looking for him after all those years.

Yoongi was her favorite toy. The one with whom she had shared a red apple. She was the snake that had offered it to him, and him who devoured it with her.

He was her sin, and she was his.

A secret he had decided to keep, for him and him alone. He had no desire to let Sora know about his impures actions or thoughts. No matter what the end of this cat and mouse game befalls to, he still wanted her to keep a pure image of him.

Yoongi suddenly shook his head to make those memories go away. Those thoughts were going to be no help for him anyway.

After answering all of the officers questioning, the wolf hybrid didn't miss a beat to ask Hoseok, " Why did you come now? "