SWEETEST LIE ( 달콤한 거짓 )

" Even though I know it's dangerous, give me sweet lies to sleep for tonight. Keep the bitter truth since I know you will disappear after midnight. "
-Unknown

" I see... So that's what happened. " The hybrid gently squeezed Sora's hand and asked. " Then, what happened after that? What happened...to him? "

Sora squeezed her eyes shut as she was remembering the painful event that followed after this. " I simply ran. I ran with all my might. "

" To where? " Asked the hybrid.

" ...At first, I went to our secret place, I even went back to my house. I ran like a madwoman all over the city, and as if fate was against me, it started raining. It rained so much that I almost thought of giving up looking for him... " She squeezed her hold around her arms and bought her legs up to her chest.

" But I found him. He was standing on the bridge, while the rain was harshly hitting his whole body. He was panting as he was looking down the bridge. My heart stopped when I saw his hands traveling from his head to the rail. I knew what he was trying to do. And all I could do at that moment was to scream out his name. "

" What... did you do? " Asked the hybrid as his ears twitched.

" What did you want me to do? " She asked him back when she looked straight into his eyes. " I ran with all my might to him. " Her eyes then trailed back outside the window.

Flashback

" Oh my God, Hoseok !! " Took by panic, the young girl ran toward her friend while screaming his name at the top of her lungs in the hope to gain his attention. " Hoseok !!! "

Her small hands reached out for his chest, wrapped them around him, and back hugged him just a second before his hands left the rail and let the water become his tomb.

" Ahh, Hoseok... You...idiot... Ahh... What are you trying to do? " She asked while her hands were still wrapped around him to keep his body in balance.

" So...ra? " As if the young boy was in a trance he slowly turned his face to her and looked at her painful expression. " Let go, Sora. " He said.

" No!! I'm not until you come back to my side!! " She exclaimed.

" I'm... not going to do it. So, you can let me go. "

She slowly lifted her head to look at him and saw him smiling at her. His face looked tired, his eyes seemed vivid from any emotions, and his smile was nothing, but fake to her eyes.

" How can I let you go if you are going to leave me, Hoseok? You promised you were never going to leave me! You promised! " Sora cried out as she tightened her hold around him while she was holding back her tears.

" ... I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Sora. " The young boy started apologizing, aware of the sin he was about to commit.

" If you are sorry, then come to my side. " Said the young girl. Hoseok carefully turned around to face Sora, and with her help, he crossed the rail. Sora didn't lose a second and went to hug him, almost knocking off the boy down.

As the rain started to fade away, all that could be heard on that night was the cries of two teenagers, cursing their life yet grateful to have each other at their side.