SELECTION ( 선택 )

" It is better to have an enemy who honestly says they hate you, than to have a friend who is putting you down secretly. "
-Unknown 

Over four months had passed since the wolf hybrid arrived at the facility. As much as their education was not so different from humans, they had, however, further training concerning their physical abilities. The hybrids had to develop all of their six senses to the maximum for the only purpose of survival and assistance towards humans.

Yet, Yoongi's mind was still not used to getting called N°4735. His name was merely called by his roommates. Even his classmates mostly used his student number.

As for their dormitory, Yoongi was lucky enough to share the same room with Jimin, and two other hybrids with whom he managed to get along. Minhyuk and Hyungwoo. Both were Catahoula Leopard Dog hybrids and classified Level 1.

The hybrids in the faction were separated by the rarity of their breed, and gender. Yoongi was, by what they called, a Hybrid Zero, a hybrid whose race is going in extinction or solely rare to find in one country or region. There were three different classes of rarity, Level Zero, Level One, and Level Two.

Their professor informed them on their first day of class that since breeds started mixing together, the purity of the self of a kind has grown through extinction. And that did not only concern wolves but also many other hybrids.

" Hey, Yoongi, what are you daydreaming again? " He was shaken by the shoulder when a familiar face appeared before him.

He glanced toward the track field as he watched his classmates, racing against students from Level 1 " Nothing. " Replied the boy. " I was just wondering how long we had to stay here. "

" What do you mean? "

From his peripheral vision, he could see Jimin frowning as he was pouting his lips.

" Have you... never wondered about what was up that forest? "

Jimin stayed silent for a minute before he replied, " Are you talking about the C building? "

He looked back at him and nodded.

Two weeks ago, while it was recess, Yoongi, Jimin and Minhyuk decided to go play farther away from the limit that was given to them. Hyungwoo was reluctant and too scared to follow them, so they had no choice but to leave him behind.

As they walked further away from their class, they discovered another building named C deeper in the forest. All three of them looked at each other with a confused expression, since no one had notified them about a third dormitory. They tried to get closer to it, they suddenly heard footsteps getting near their location.

At first, they thought it was an animal, but when they heard a sudden scream coming from the building, they all freaked out and started running away. The boys got out of the forest as fast as they got inside.

" Maybe it's just an old building. " Jimin replied.

" But isn't it weird that no one has informed us about it? The A building is the girl's dormitory, while the B building is our dormitory. What was the C building used for? And that scream we heard... " Trailed Yoongi as he warped his arms around himself, like a hug.

Jimin sat on the grass beside him and said, " Yeah, that scream was creepy... "

" Hey, guys! What are you talking about? " Asked Minhyuk after he finished his track run while Hyungwoo followed after him.

" About the C building, we discovered in the forest. " Admitted Jimin.

Minhyuk grimaced, " That creepy building? What about it? "