BETWEEN TRUTH AND LIES ( 거짓과 진실 사이에서 )

" Better be slapped with the truth, than kissed with a lie. "

- Russian Proverb

Her eyes then started studying his unfamiliar face. His deep black eyes talked to her more than they ever did before. He had the eyes of an experienced man, but a lonely one. As she had expected him to be, he turned out to be a fine man. He had a sharp jawline, sharp nose with kissable lips. However, there was something that didn't change, and that was his dimples. Sora could see them popping out as the man in front of her was awkwardly smiling at her.

But... Why was Jung Hoseok here? Why now?

Her eyes fixed on him, she couldn't bring herself to look away. Afraid that he would disappear, that he was just a hallucination.

" -ee, Ms. Lee? " The other man's voice snapped her out from her thoughts.

" Y-Yes? " She stuttered.

The young officer smiled and asked, " Could we talk inside? "

Her eyes shifted back to Hoseok then back at the man, " Of course. "

Sora moved on the side, opening her door wide open for them to enter. What was going on? She asked herself. She couldn't understand a thing that was happening right now.

She led both men to the living room and offered them to sit on the sofa. " Do you want to drink something? I made myself some tea if you wish I could- "

The blond male, whose name was Minseok, if she recalled well, waved his hand in the air and stated, " Please don't bother for us. We are only planning to stay here for a few minutes. "

" Okay... "

She took a seat on the other couch and asked, " I doubt you came here for personal reasons. Could I know the reason for your presence in my house? " She finished as her eyes fell on Hoseok, but he quickly averted his from her.

Detective Kim cleared his throat and explained, " Um, as I stated earlier, both me and my colleague are detectives working under the FPH. We are currently working on an investigation involving hybrids' kidnappings around the area of Hongdae. Have you heard about them? "

Detective? Jung Hoseok became an officer for the Federal Protection of Hybrids, you say? Sora shook her head, and replied, " Yes, I did learn about this through the news... "

" Yes, but have you heard of the similitude of the victims that were abducted? "

Sora shrugged, " Barely, but I do remember that they were all from dog breeds. "

Both officers Kim and Hoseok shared a look, " Certainly, that's what we thought too. However, we have been notified yesterday that we might have been wrong all along... "

Sora grimaced. What were they trying to say?

" Excuse me, but could you please stop beating around the bushes and cut to the chase. What do you need from me? "

Hoseok was the one to speak up this time, " We are suspecting that your hybrid is related to these cases. "

Sora glared at the man, " What do you mean by related? "

The first thing that she heard from that man, after almost six years, is that Yoongi is related to a kidnapping happening around the city?

" We think that a powerful person is looking for him. Since a pure black wolf hybrid is a rare breed to find in Seoul, people have been kidnapping a hybrid that shares the same features as your hybrid. Same height, same eyes, and hair color...We think that all this time, they have been looking for Min Yoongi. "