Chapter 91

I hated admitting it, but holy shit

Trouble never looked so god damn fine.

"What are you doing here? I thought Taeyong gave the Dreamies a curfew."

I quickly continued the conversation, hoping that my racing heart would soon calm down again.
It was hard to believe that I felt this way only because of Donghyuck's company.
The fast breathing, the nervous tingling of my nerves- I had already been used to it, but I knew damn well that I couldn't compare my present feelings with those of the past.

Luckily, I was able to distract him from my embarrassment as I leaned against the counter and continued to observe the party.

As I did so, two familiar guys jumped right into my field of vision, several meters away from me and my classmate.
The two of them were dressed up as realistic looking gandpas, dancing in the crowd with their white beards and walking sticks while purposely bumping into strangers and unobtrusively knocking their cups out of their hands.

'Chenji at their finest' I chuckled to myself, loving the bewildered reactions of their victims.
Although I hadn't really talked to Chenle and Jisung yet, I could already tell that they were becoming more and more likeable.

A small smile came across my face as I watched the two friends, only snapping back to reality when the brunette caught my attention again.

"Let's put it this way," the older one began, pressing his lips into a thin line for a brief moment.
"He's a little busy right now and didn't notice that we left."

With amusement written all over my face, I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.
"So you guys snuck out?"

Confirming, he simply nodded at me, his eyes also on Jisung and Chenle, who were by now break dancing in the middle of the dance floor while being hyped by a bunch of drunk teenagers.
The sight alone was gold and I noticed my mood starting to improve little by litte.

"He's probably going to find out soon, so this might be the last time we meet", the boy next to me sighed exhausted and put his hands in his pockets.

Although the sinister aura around him was still present and kept the other guests from getting too close to us, I could tell that his expression suddenly softened as his gaze wandered back to me.

"We're going to be dead at the end of the night, but seeing you in that dress was worth it."

Momentarily, I rolled my eyes and forced myself not to look at him, though my eyes were magically drawn to him as if by a magnet.
I didn't like it when he flirted with me with such a cold face, but I somehow couldn't prevent myself from smiling at his sweet remark.
Taking a deep breath in, I tried to calm my mind, ignoring the effect he made my mind go crazy.

I was about to say something in response when suddenly something white caught my eye and automatically made me frown as I noticed hectic movements as well.
Confused, I narrowed my eyes a bit and looked out the far window on the other side of the crowded room, only to catch a glimpse of a pink mane for a split second.