Chapter 18

My eyes wandered to Soyeon who, as ordered, pulled the fuse of the smoke bombs and threw them near the transporter

Instantly, the bombs spread their substance throughout the whole area, whereupon my best friend didn't let a second pass and jumped off the container she was in.

A little later she ran into the giant cloud that had grown drastically in the meantime, not losing sight of the vehicle in front of her.

It was our chance to turn the situation to our advantage and secure the van together with its load of weapons.

But she wasn't the only one who ran into the huge veil without hesitation.

Taeyong and Donghyuck sprinted after her a little later, but both of them were distracted by SVT's continuous shooting.

In the end Soyeon had a clear path and got to the van safely before she started the engine and hit the gas pedal with all her force.

From above I just watched as the girl and the vehicle pulled out of the thick smoke and headed straight for the exit.

A sigh of relief left my lips that curled into a small smile shortly after.
Although Donghyuck joined their team for backup, it didn't really affect our mission and SVT perfectly distracted them too.

It went just fine-

Right when I thought he had finally made it, familiar frames suddenly entered the place. My mouth fell open in shock when suddenly Yuta and Mark came around a corner and began shooting at the back of the van that was driving away fast.

"Fuck, turn left!" I tried to navigate my best friend in panic, while I could only hear her stressed and annoyed mumbling coming from the other end of the line.

"Just a bit more", I fevered along anxiously and didn't even take my eyes off the event for a split second.

My whole body started to shake as I watched everything impatiently, hoping that the girl in the car would be okay.
For a short moment, everything felt like it was moving in slow motion.

Soyeon had almost managed to dissapear between the many containers when one of the bullets suddenly hit the right tire of the back, causing the car to turn into another direction and spin out of control.

Without planning it, the car drifted around its own axis until it crashed into one of the many metal containers and came to an abrupt stop.

"Soyeon!", I gasped in shock and looked down at the broken down vehicle.

"Soyeon-"

A painful whimper was heard and I felt a wave of relief running through every single one of my nerves.

The feeling vanished shortly afterwards though as Donghyuck and Taeyong also found their way out of the huge cloud of smoke, now walking towards the damaged van together with the other boys- weapons still ready to fire.

"Get out of there!" Yeeun's worried shout sounded and I could see how she had climbed to a higher platform and started aiming at the members of NCT.

She had taken care of SVT before, but it looked like they had already disappeared from the surface a while ago.

"Get the fuck out of here!"

As soon as Yeeun had repeated her order again, she shot in the directon of the approaching boys with her gun, watching as they had to take cover again.

Not wasting another minute, I also joined my leader, aiming at one of the four and pulling the trigger while my body was practically flooded with adrenaline and rage.

As expected I was able to hit one of the gang members and saw Yuta hitting the ground right after.

Not a second later Mark rushed to his friend's aid and pressed his own hands on the bloody gunshot wound in his left shoulder.

Taeyong, on the other hand, kept walking towards the vehicle and was somehow able to avoid not only Yeeun's but my bullets.

Luckily for us, Soyeon had gotten out on the side of the car that was out of the view of the approaching boys.

It didn't take her long until her foot touched the ground and she started to ran, fortunately undetected, in the direction of Olivia who had been waiting for us in the getaway car all along.

"We'd better get out of here, too. Olivia and Soyeon, take the van and head north. If they follow you, try to lose and lead them away from us.

I'll head east to get out of the city first and you Sunghee go south, mingle with the people there and disappear in the crowd.

We can't take the risk of being seen leaving the harbor together."

No one responded to the our leaders's order, but that wasn't necessary.

Each of us knew their job and followed her instructions without questioning them, which is why I instantly removed my earpiece and switched it off. 

Shortly after, I quickly disassembled my sniper rifle, put it back into my gym bag and searched for my own escape route.

For the last time, my gaze fell onto the small group of boys, who had obtained their original load of weapons and now took care of Yuta's injury.

'At least I shot one of them,' I sighed in my thoughts, although it didn't make today's defeat any better.

So that was the last chapter for today😊It's only chapter 18 but I actually have a lot of upcoming chapters

It's only chapter 18 but I actually have a lot of upcoming chapters. I just always change some things which is why I don't want to update every day.

But I'm quite far and in the meantime I thought about starting another story🤔

I have 2 different storys in mind, one is about Markhyuck and the other one about Nomin.
I like both of my ideas but I kinda prefer the Markhyuck one
Let me know if you have preferences 🙈😋

Don't worry though, this story has priorities!✊🏼