Chapter 22

The heavy calls of teachers and friends, the unspeakably intense ringing of the alarm and the countless shots that were now getting louder and louder - without even noticing, I blocked out every single one of the noises while only focusing on one ...

without even noticing, I blocked out every single one of the noises while only focusing on one specific goal.

I had to find my mother.

The adrenaline was pumping through my body as I ran through the many hallways of the school without stopping for a single second.

My feet carried me so fast as if the path to the said room was burned into the back of my mind.

I was more worried and scared than ever and the the fear itself made me want to cry like a little girl lost in a supermarket.

The sound of bullets became louder and louder and I was almost there when I was suddenly able to hear dreadful screams.

They were almost deafening and together with all the other sounds created a terrifying and traumatic atmosphere.

My neck hair started to stand up and a cold shiver went through my body, leaving goosebumps all over my arms.

I finally arrived at the room and didn't hesitate to grab the door handle, when I instantly pulled my hand back as an enormous pain rushed trough my own skin. 

Whimpering and with my teeth digging into my own lip, I looked down at my right hand and gasped as I saw the bright pink color of my flesh.

The metal handle had been so hot that it had completely burnt my skin in that brief moment of contact, leaving an imprint in the palm of my hand.

My fingers were clenching in pain as hot tears started to form in my eyes, rolling down my cheeks shortly afterwards.

I heard the screams again and the shooting from the other side of the door and I bit my lips as I started to sob angrily.
My heart contracted agonizingly and my breathing became more and more irregular.

I've never felt so pathetic and weak in my life.

I tried to overcome my devistating fear once more and grabbed the hot door handle with both hands, but it didn't do anything.

While I only burned my other hand too, the handle didn't let itself be pushed down and instead fell of as a whole.

Meanwhile, the tears were streaming down my face like a waterfall and it seemed that not only my hands were experiencing an aweful and horrible pain, as my salty tears dripping from my face and set fire to my cheeks themselves.
Flames that were ignited by my own failure.

Crying and sobbing, I swallowed the lump in my scratchy throat before throwing myself with all my weight against the heavy, hot door.

The terrifying sounds never stopped and caused me to lose my mind more and more as I desperately tried to kick the door down.

"MOM!", I  wanted to shout from the top of my lung, but only a bitter croak came out of my mouth, which went unnoticed in the heat of the moment. ////

"MOM!", I gasped for air as I finally awoke from my terrible and frightful dream of the past.

It didn't take long before bitter sobs and sickly whimpering filled the silence of my little room, while my whole body shook with sadness and regret.

My hands clawed painfully into my own scalp as I surely lost all my control and jumped out of my bed immediately.

Completely overwhelmed by my rage, I grabbed the glass on my bedside table and threw it with all my strength against one of the four walls.
Not a second later, it shattered into a million pieces and spread all over the wooden floor.

With no care at all, I kept screaming my soul out of my body as ignored the burning and scratchy sensation of my vocal chords, that felt like they were slowly but surely ripping apart.

'I should've burned in that fire, not her.'

Ughhh I'm not really happy with this chapter since I kinda had to write it fastI still have one exam left where I have to make a presentation so I'm kinda busy rn Not sure if I can update the next chapter on time Hope it's okay tho🙈

I still have one exam left where I have to make a presentation so I'm kinda busy rn
Not sure if I can update the next chapter on time
Hope it's okay tho🙈