-29-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .* 

The time was nearing. That day that most people dreaded, the girls cried too much, and only a few people actually had a good time.

That's right, Valentines day.

The year before, Caroline had a relatively good time on Valentines day. Despite there being a Hogsmeade trip that she'd never go to, Julian would made a huge deal out of it and gave her her favourite sweets and flowers and kiss her...

And now she had no one to do that.

She was glad Julian wasn't with her anymore, of course she was, but sometimes being single made her feel lonely and she was ashamed of that. Why couldn't she just be okay on her own? But it was always nice to know someone cared about you, wasn't it?

Tyler had a similar feeling this Valentines day. But he wanted one person in particular to show him he cared. His best friend. He had had the biggest crush on Archie since perhaps the moment they first met, but he had always suppressed that and tried to focus on his other crushes, such as Alice Fortescue who he desperately tried to let occupy his mind instead of Archie. He tried to forget his feelings.

But every time Archie would date someone else, it was like the cruciatus curse on Tyler's heart.

This Valentines day would be different. Finally Tyler would tell Archie how he felt.

"Hey! Hey Arch, I uh, I have something for you," Tyler said, sitting beside Archie in the near empty courtyard as he studied his potions text book.

"Oh, really?" Archie raised an eyebrow as Tyler crossed his legs underneath him, "well actually, before that, I was thinking of something I needed to talk to you about."

"Can I give you my thing first?"

Archie grinned and shook his head, "no you gotta hear this."

Tyler shifted his body to face him and sighed, "fine, what is it?"

"Did you do the Herbology essay due Monday?"

Tyler felt his shoulders slump in disappointment, but nodded, "yeah I did it last night."

"Good," Archie smiled.

"Why?"

"Because then you'll have time to go on a date with me tomorrow."

Tyler inhaled sharply out of shock so violently that it ensued a coughing fit that made him turn away from Archie who just laughed.

"Really?" Tyler said after a final cough.

"Yes, you idiot," Archie snorted, "so what do you say?"

"I-yeah, yes! Of course," Tyler nodded furiously, "I can't believe that...that you..."

Archie pushed a loose curl out of Tyler's face, "of course I do. Now, what were you gonna give me?"

Tyler flushed pink, and shook his head, "it's stupid, but uh...I actually came over here to tell you I, um...that I like you in a...in a more than friends way and I...brought you this..."

From his robe pocket he pulled out a pink rose and held out to Archie who looked at the flower as if it was a ring that Tyler had just used to propose to him or something.

"Wha-is, is something wrong?" Tyler asked.

Archie just looked up at him, into his blue eyes before grinning and pulling him by his Hufflepuff tie into a long-awaited kiss.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

"Evening."

Caroline jumped and looked up at Sirius, "Sirius it's past curfew, I'm on duty."