-23-

· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline looked out the window of the library, only for a split-second glance, but ended up gazing lingeringly because there it was...snow. The first snow fall of the year.

She watched as some students began to filter out, shrieking in delight at the snow. Some began to make snowballs and hurl them at each other, others rolled up bigger amounts for snowmen, but others just...walked...watching their feet as they crunched down onto the snow, peeling off and turning back to observe their footsteps printed into the white ground. That was what Caroline wanted to do.

She packed her books away and walked out of the library, smiling briefly at the young librarian.

"Sweet Caroline!" She heard a familiar voice sing obnoxiously loud to her as she walked down the hallway.

She smiled to herself before turning around to see Sirius walking with his friends.

"Hey," she said, waiting for them.

"You going out to the snow, Caroline?" Remus asked.

She nodded, "it looks pretty, I thought I'd walk about for a bit."

"Walk about?" Pettigrew asked.

James Potter snapped his fingers decisively, "you should join our snowball fight. Honestly, you should! We do it every year. It's a battle so legendary, they will retell it for centuries to come. It is a battle so noble and -"

"Jesus Christ, James, and youse say I'm dramatic," Sirius said, before skipping forward to fall in step with Caroline in front, "I'll walk with you, sweetheart."

"Oi!" James exclaimed, pulling the boy back by his cloak's hood, "you're not ditching us."

"It is our tradition, mate," Remus told Sirius admittedly, who was trying to break out of James' hold.

"It's okay, Sirius," Caroline said softly, smiling up at him, before running a hand through her soft curls, "I don't expect I'll be out for too long anyway, it's very cold."

Once she had turned away, Sirius looked at the boys with a wide-eyed, pleading look. They looked unimpressed. He sighed and gestured to her with his eyes in a way that could only be interpreted as, come on guys, I mean just look at her! Give me this one.

The boys exchanged a look. Peter shrugged, Remus rolled his eyes but nodded reluctantly, and James sighed before nodding silently too. Sirius grinned widely at them.

"Nah, it's okay, I can walk with you," Sirius said again, coming beside Caroline once more, "if that's okay, of course."

"Yeah, sure," she smiled, before bumping into him playfully, "as long as you promise not to do any more singing of my name."

"Fine," he chuckled.

They walked away together, and Sirius subtly turned around for a moment to shoot the marauders an over-exaggerated double thumbs-up.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

"So French, Italian, you ever wanted to learn any other languages?" Sirius asked Caroline as they strolled through the snow.

"Well I do know a bit of spanish...but, I don't know, I wanted to learn something like Russian or maybe Ukraine," Caroline said.