-34-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

All her life had become now was school. If it wasn't already that before.

The end of year exams were coming up, and if Caroline's head wasn't in a book or her hand wasn't holding a quill, she was asleep. That was the only time she wasn't working.

"Carrie," Jane poked her, "wow...she really is asleep."

"It's literally 7am," Tyler said, looking down at the girl who was sleeping on his shoulder.

"I wonder how much sleep she's actually getting at the moment," Archie said, brushing a curl out of the sleeping girl's face.

"I'm worried about her," Jane said.

"Same."

"Me too."

"Do either of you know what happened between her and Black?" Jane asked quietly.

Archie shook his head, but Tyler hesitantly nodded.

"She told you?" Jane asked him.

"Yeah...it was just a bit of a blowup...honestly I think they're both being stupid because they obviously fancy each other-"

"Oh, obviously," Archie agreed.

"-and they just need to forget everything else and just tell each other."

"Tell each other what?" Caroline groaned sleepily.

Tyler's eyes widened and looked at Archie helplessly, who just sighed.

"We were saying that you and Sirius just need to get over yourselves and say you have feelings for each other," Archie said.

Caroline sat up sharply, wincing at the head rush, before saying, "Sirius doesn't have feelings for me."

All three of them started laughing, making Caroline scowl.

"He doesn't!" She exclaimed.

"Carrie, he definitely does."

"He-"

She stopped, making eye contact with the boy in question from the Gryffindor table. He went red and looked away quickly as soon as they locked eyes and she sighed.

"Doesn't like you, huh?" Jane said, smirking slightly.

Because it was a Saturday, Caroline could go straight to the library after breakfast to get on with her work. She was finding a kind of peaceful numbness starting to settle in her mind and body every time she studied. It quietened all the doubt and chaos buzzing about and left things a lot simpler.

She sat alone in one of the Defence Against the Dark Arts aisles, studying the theories and finishing some note cards for revision she had been working on.

She only noticed that there was someone next to her when he cleared his throat.

"Sirius," she said in surprise, "what are you-"