-33-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"You okay?"

Caroline looked over at Farrrah who was writing a letter at the desk in the dorm near Caroline's bed. Caroline was just sitting by the window, gazing out at the Quidditch pitch where she could see the Gryffindors practicing from a distance. They were tiny figures on the broomsticks but she could just make out the two beaters. She had been focused on them, trying to figure out which one was Sirius.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Caroline forced a smile.

"You're an awful liar, you know that?" Farrah snorted, coming over to sit opposite her, "what's up?"

She shook her head, "it's nothing, just...boy trouble."

"Whoever it is, I will drag him to the bottom of the black lake and I swear down I will leave him there to d-"

"No, no please it's fine," Caroline laughed.

"Come on, who is it?"

"Promise me you won't go and commit a murder?"

Farrah sighed, "yes, fine."

"It's Sirius Black."

"Oh, really?? Come on I've been through this with Sarah already I don't need another one."

"Sarah?"

"Oh yeah, remember they were a thing for a bit last term, but he lost interest apparently," Farrah shook her head.

Caroline frowned, "poor Sarah."

"Anyway, what did he do to you?"

"Well I thought-"

"Evening!" Sarah came through the dormitory door, "you guys ready for dinner?"

"Yeah, we'll be ready in a sec," Farrah said.

"Ooh, what are we talking about?" Sarah raised an eyebrow, realising the girls were in the middle of something.

Farrah cleared her throat, giving Caroline a look before saying, "Sirius Black."

"Oh what a bastard," Sarah shook her head, going to the bathroom to wash her hands, "insanely amazing shag though."

"Alright," Farrah looked out the window, scrunching her nose up in disgust.

"Why were you talking about him?" Sarah asked.

Farrah turned to Caroline, raising an expectant brow, "well?"

"Just, um, an argument we had in Astronomy," Caroline lied, "nothing major."

Farrah snorted, shaking her head and getting up to slip on her shoes before going to dinner. She knew Caroline was lying but it was probably just because she didn't want to detail her relationship with Sarah's ex in front of Sarah. It was fair enough.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

At dinner, Caroline ate with her eyes going anywhere but the Gryffindor table. She sat with Archie, Tyler and Jane on the Hufflepuff table.

"How was Quidditch practice today?" Caroline asked Jane.

"Mm," Jane swallowed her mouthful, "it was good thanks, bloody freezing though."

"The finals coming up, isn't it?" Tyler asked.

"Yes it is! Gryffindor for the win!" Archie cheered.

Jane nodded, grinning as she looked over at the Slytherin table, "yeah, we're gonna kick those slimy gits' asses."

"And then have another party where Caroline will get drunk off her head again?" Archie asked, smiling teasingly at Caroline who rolled her eyes.