-12-

· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline sat in the library, scribbling busily on her star chart for astronomy. Books had been placed carefully around her so she could view every page she needed at the same time. It was pretty exhausting work, but she hadn't noticed, she was just enjoying herself. The homework was due in two weeks, yes, but she had completed everything else she needed to do for the next two weeks so thought there was no harm in keeping on top of things.

And she wasn't just working on an ordinary star chart, no, but a model of a Renaissance star chart from the fifteenth century. They had been tasked with researching star charts from eras of their choice and then write an essay about it. She felt that actually being able to visualise and write on her own star chart could really help, so that's what she had been spending her whole Saturday on so far. She sighed and circled an important note on the chart. This might take a while.

Tyler walked in, spotting her and jogging over.

"Hey," he said, plopping down on the seat opposite her.

"Hey."

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked, leaning his chin on his hands as he looked at her.

"Working," she said, before looking up at him with a soft smile. "Is there anything you need, Ty?"

"Just company."

She cocked her head at him in confusion, taking in the sad look on his face. It was a Saturday, where was everyone else? But she didn't say anything, just nodded. Perhaps something had happened and he just wanted to be with someone who wouldn't ask questions.

"You can do some work too, if you want," she said gently, looking. back down at her book again.

"Cheers," he grinned, rummaging about in his bag and pulling out some papers. "I need to go through the transfiguration test."

"Oh yeah, I did that yesterday. 'Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration' helps with some of the answers."

"Oh, really? Thanks, I'll go look for it," he stood up. "Be right back."

She nodded before looking back down at her chart. She bit her lip as she analysed the constellations and patterns on the style of the chart before nodding triumphantly and pulling out a fresh piece of parchment to start the essay.

Between the early fifteenth and the early seventeenth centuries, star charts progressed from imprecise, often decorative illustrations based on medieval manuscripts to sophisticated map projections with systematized nomenclature for the stars.

She nodded, peering at one of her textbooks for a moment, before continuing.

The reimportation into Europe of technical classical muggle texts such as Ptolemy's Almagest, as well as Islamic works such as Abd al-Rahman Abd al Sufi's constellation maps, appears to have played a significant role in this transformation. By the early sixteenth century-

"Hey, Carrie."

She looked up to see Julian sitting beside her.

"Oh, hey," she smiled at him. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to come see my beautiful girlfriend," he smiled, pressing a kiss to her lips. "Wanna come hang out? Maybe...find a free broom closet?

Caroline laughed, "right."

"I'm being serious," Julian smirked, stroking her arm.

Caroline wanted to make a witty remark about Sirius Black but decided against it. Julian probably wouldn't find it too funny.