-42-

· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline loved the feeling of the train chugging along beneath her as she sat in the compartment on the Hogwarts Express, all her friends around her. She was going into her seventh year, and it didn't really feel real. Really, none of it felt real.

She was dating Sirius Black. The unattainable boy that she had admired since first year, the boy she had grown to know and care for over the past year to a point where she couldn't imagine her life without him in it. He was hers.

And then, of course, she had gotten into the course of her dreams. And this time next year she would be in Russia studying medicine with the smartest people of her generation. She felt like finally she was on her way to getting where she needed to be. She was happy.

"In a coffee shop?"

"A muggle coffee shop," Caroline smiled, looking away from the window and at her friends, "and it was really busy too...but he just asked me."

"So you're his girlfriend now?" Jane asked, grinning slightly.

Caroline, smiling proudly to herself, just murmured a quiet, "yeah..."

"He's a lucky bastard, he knows that, right?" Tyler asked, grinning.

Jane jumped up from her seat, "ahh I'm just so happy for you!"

She ran over and enveloped Caroline in a tight hug.

"If he breaks your heart he knows my murdering capabilities, right?" Jane murmured into Caroline's shoulder.

Caroline snorted with laughter and said, "I'll be sure to remind him."

Jane pulled away, "good."

"So you guys excited for our last year?" Caroline asked.

"I'm just nervous about NEWTs really," Archie said.

"I'm not," shrugged Tyler, "I wanna be a painter, I don't really need any qualifications for that."

"I'm hoping this is the year I get scouted for a Quidditch team," Jane said.

"And what if you don't?"

"I go to open tryouts after Hogwarts until I get a job," she said, looking out the window thoughtfully, "hopefully I'm good enough."

"You're amazing," Caroline assured her.

Archie nodded, "yeah any team would be lucky to have you."

"Aw, thanks," Jane smiled, her cheeks going slightly red.

There was a knock at the entrance of the compartment, where the door was already slid open. They all looked up to see Sirius standing there, Remus, Peter and James behind him.

Sirius smiled awkwardly, "Hey, uh, may we come in?"

Caroline looked at the others, "oh yeah, if that's okay with you guys?"

"The more the merrier," Tyler said.

Sirius led the way, coming to sit beside Carrie. He put an arm round her, and she leaned into him instinctively, linking their hands over her shoulder.

Tyler eyed their newly comfortable position and grinned suggestively at Caroline who just rolled her eyes and looked away.

James came to sit opposite Carrie and Remus and Peter sat between Archie and Jane.

"Can I just say," James said, looking between Carrie and Sirius thoughtfully, "you two would have beautiful babies."

"Agreed," Jane said.