-17-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Lils, hey, did you do the potions essay?" Caroline asked as she sat beside Lily at dinner.

"Mhm," Lily nodded, before swallowing her mouthful, "did you?"

"Yeah, can you read it? I want feedback in case I need to edit," she said.

"As long as you read mine."

Caroline smiled, "sure."

She was passed a roll of parchment from the redhead and she began to read it.

Amortentia is, in the simplest terms, a love potion. Amor is a Latin word meaning ''Love'', it is also the name of the Roman goddess of love.''Tentia'' is the Latin for ''held''. It makes the drinker become infatuated and obsessed.

"Evening, ladies."

She looked up from the essay to see Sirius sliding into the seat beside her.

"Hey," she said quietly, smiling at him for a split-second before focusing back onto the essay.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked, resting an arm round her shoulders and leaning in to read the parchment.

She felt her shoulders stiffen up from his touch. She didn't like it when...she didn't like people touching her...she didn't...but...this wasn't actually that bad. She swallowed her anxiety and didn't push him off.

"Reading each other's essays, bugger off," Lily said.

"Seriously? It's a Saturday, come on, Caroline, hey-" he snatched the parchment away from her grip.

"Hey!" She said, trying to grab it back.

He pulled the parchment away so she couldn't reach it, "I'll give it back on one condition."

Caroline wrinkled her nose in frustration before reaching across his body to try to reach the parchement again. He snatched it away from her grip once more.

"Siriuus," she whined, before saying in French, "what is your condition?"

"Um...you have to...remember what we said before? Live life on the edge," he whispered the last thing in French.

"You want me to go to the Astronomy tower at night? Break the rules?" She whispered back in French.

She didn't even realise what position she was in, one hand on the table in front of him, her body so close to him that she was almost on his lap.

"I think you'd love it," he murmured. "Do it tonight and I'll give you back the essay."

"It's not even my essay-"

She was interrupted by Lily pulling her by the scruff of her collar away from Sirius.

"Lils, what?!" Caroline turned round, giving her a bewildered look.

"Your boyfriend just walked in and Sirius looked like he was about to...just, you're welcome," Lily sighed, looking down at her paper.