-10-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"I love Hogsmeade day," Eloise sighed, looking at her reflection as she ran her fingers through her loose, blonde curls.

"I like it too," Caroline murmured in agreement.

Eloise sighed and turned to look at Caroline who was sitting cross-legged on her bed, reading some French book that Eloise thought was a bit pointless...why would any Ravenclaw read random French books over studying?

"You only like it because it means you can stay at the castle and be all alone and read..." she said.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," said Caroline with a small smile, turning the page in her book.

"Come on, Caroline, Hogsmeade day is the best day! It's the day where we can actually spend proper time with our friends!"

"You know I get overwhelmed with everything, and you know that this day is the one day where I can be alone, recharge, clear my head," Caroline said, putting her book down and looking at Eloise for a moment, "I've said it before."

"You can clear your head with people-"

"I struggle with people, El, you know that." Caroline said quietly, picking up her book again.

Eloise sighed again, "okay, yeah, I know. I'm sorry."

Caroline just nodded, not averting her eyes from her book. Suddenly the air in the room felt a lot colder.

"I'm going," Eloise said after a few moments, "have a nice day."

"You too."

Caroline sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She knew she was different, that fact had been clear to her ever since she was very young. She was okay with it, she knew that she couldn't control how her brain was wired, but sometimes she just wished she was normal. She wished she could spend endless hours with people and not feel anxious and overwhelmed. She wished she found sustaining friendships easier. She wished she could be more laid-back and not obsess over random things. She just wished she was...like everyone else.

She left the dorms, book in hand. She had to get out.

She liked sitting outside, but only when there was no one else. It was peaceful. Hogsmeade days was when she sat out in the quiet courtyard, only having to ignore the odd 12 year old rather than the whole school.

But before she could get to the courtyard, she caught sight of Julian and his friends. A bright smile came to her face and she walked over to them.

"Hey!" He greeted her merrily as she approached them.

"Hi," she smiled. "Are you guys going to Hogsmeade?"

"Yeah, you should come with us!" Harrison said.

"No, Carrie won't," Julian said, as if she wasn't even there. "Carrie has a thing about Hogsmeade."

"Booo," Finlay jeered.

"A thing?" Will laughed.

"Come on, Carrie, come with us," Finlay said.

Harrison nodded and smirked, "I'm sure you'll have fun."