-21-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Remember the days when December was fun, all we had to think about was Christmas...and New Years..." said Tyler woefully as he placed some more herbology books on the library table.

"And now we have to think about tests," Archie said, taking a book from the pile.

"Come on guys, don't you think you might be being a bit dramatic?" Caroline asked with a soft smile.

"Not in the slightest."

"Bonjour!" Jane sang merrily as she approached them, but when shushed violently by the young librarian she repeated it in a whisper, "bonjour!"

"Alright?" Tyler asked.

"Am honestly knackered, mate."

"Mm, same," Archie raised his hand, which Jane weakly high-fived. "Think I might fall asleep on this table."

"You can use me as your pillow if you want," Tyler said, half-jokingly.

"I'll keep that in mind," Archie grinned, winking at the boy before turning back to his herbology book.

Tyler's cheeks tinted pink as he looked back at his own book, his blue eyes now seemingly very focused, as if he was desperately trying not to think about something else.

"How's the dorm battle with Flitwick going?" Jane asked Caroline.

For a week, Caroline had been trying to persuade Flitwick to let her move dorms since she just couldn't stand sleeping in the same room with Eloise anymore. Understandably, it made her feel sick. He hadn't been very empathetic with the whole situation, but he liked her and it seemed he would probably cave soon.

"It's taking longer than I wanted, but I think he'll say yes soon," Caroline said.

"I wish you were a Gryffindor, then you could be in my dorm."

"Me? A Gryffindor?" Asked Caroline with a small giggle, "I'm just about brave enough to speak to the librarian, and even then I need someone with me."

Jane laughed and nodded in agreement, because that's exactly what happened all the time. In fact it had happened the day before...twice.

Caroline caught Sirius' eye just as he walked into the library with a book in his hand. His face brightened when he saw her and he hurried over.

"Morning all," Sirius greeted the group quietly as Madame Pince eyed him warily.

"Morning," Archie nodded with a small smile.

"Alright?" Jane asked.

"Yes, um, Caroline?"

"Mm?"

"Could I borrow you for a moment?"

"Oh," she looked down at all her work she had to do but nodded, "sure."

She stood up and followed him out the library, waving at her friends before disappearing past the doors.

"Please, please, pleeease can you help me with astronomy, Caroline," Sirius begged quietly as soon as no one was around.

She laughed, "I thought you were doing fine."

"Nooo mate," he raked a nervous hand through his dark hair, "I'm so behind it's actually a bit embarrassing."

Caroline's shiny lips curved into an amused smiled at the boy. She scanned his face, the pleading expression, the blue of his eyes, just because she could.