-45-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline Rutherford and Sirius Black rarely left each other's sides after that day. They found a certain comfort in each other's company that they hadn't found with anyone else before. Her eighteenth birthday came and went, she didn't want to acknowledge it. Sirius had understood, and had been with her through it all.

Caroline was struggling now more than she had ever done, but she was determined to stay at Hogwarts and continue her classes, she had to get good grades.

"Blueberry?"

She looked up tiredly from her book at Sirius who held out a bowl of blueberries to her, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Thanks, love," she said quietly taking a couple blueberries from the bowl and popping them in her mouth.

"How are they?"

"Mm," she nodded her head, "tasty."

He took a few in his own hand and looked at them thoughtfully for a moment before sprinkling them experimentally into his bowl of cereal. This caught Caroline's attention and she put down her book, watching him delicately preparing it as if it was a potion.

After a moment he spooned a small bit into his mouth.

"How is it?"

He looked at her, his nose scrunched up, "I don't know...not as good as I thought it would be."

"Lemme try."

Caroline took the spoon from him and had a small mouthful, before smiling knowingly at him.

"Here," she searched the table for a moment before spotting the small jar of honey and handing it to him, "drizzle a little bit of this on it."

He frowned curiously, taking the small teaspoon and drizzling the honey on top of the cereal and blueberries.

Tyler came bouncing up to them, taking a seat opposite them, "Hey guys wha-"

"Shhh," Sirius put a finger up as he stared focusedly at his work.

"This is a very serious cereal experiment," Caroline murmured to Tyler who just raised a brow and slowly nodded.

Sirius had another spoonful of the newly honey flavoured cereal and blueberry mixture and shut his eyes blissfully.

"Success?" Tyler asked quietly.

Sirius swallowed and looked at Caroline, "you're an angel."

She just smiled softly, "so it's good?"

"It's beautiful," he said, getting another spoonful, "how did you know honey would fix it?"

She averted her eyes and looked at the cereal, "my Mum had honey on her cereal, said it made anything better."

"Oh..."

Caroline looked up at him, smiling bravely, "it's fine. We just have to remember her cereal wisdom."

He smiled and held her hand under the table, "too right."

"Morning," Lily came to sit beside Carrie.

"Hey, Lils."

"How you feeling?" Lily asked her as she reached for a slice of toast.

"I'm okay...we've got Astronomy today," she said, exchanging a look with Sirius, "I'm looking forward to that."

"Best part of the week," Sirius agreed, grinning at her as he squeezed her hand under the table.

"You guys are so cute," Lily smiled, leaning her chin on her hand.