-39-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Hi, Mia!" Caroline said as she came bouncing into the kitchen, "dinner smells wonderful, I'm sad I can't stay."

Mrs Potter looked up at her with a warm smile, "Oh yes, Sirius said you were going somewhere for a school thing?" 

"I'm going to Russia, it's an interview for a course at Koldovstoretz," Caroline said, going to the sink to get a glass of water, "have you heard of it?"

"I have, that's very impressive," Mia said, shaking her head, "well I wish you the best of luck, you must let us know how you get on."

"I will, thank you," Caroline smiled at her, "do you need any help with anything here?"

"Oh no dear, you should go back up, I'm sure that boy is missing you already."

"Oh," Caroline looked at her feet to hide her smile, "well, thank you Mrs Potter. I'll see you when I get back from Russia I hope."

"Looking forward to it, hun," the older woman said, smiling sweetly at the girl.

Caroline walked back up the stairs, glass of water in hand. She could already hear the faint music of Queen from Sirius' room, and smiled at the sound. 

"Hey, Rutherford!"

She looked to her right to see James standing in the doorframe of his room, so smiled awkwardly, "hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, just wanted to wish you luck on that Russia thing you're doing, sounds very brainy, I bet you'll get it."

She laughed slightly, "well thank you, James. That's very kind of you."

He smiled warmly, nodding at her before walking back into his room. 

She proceeded to Sirius' room, twisting open the door knob and walking in. He was putting on a new record, but immediately noticed her as she walked in and put down her glass at the side.

"Alright, gorgeous?" He grinned, putting the needle down and relishing in the sound of the first notes of 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' by Queen.

"Mm I love this song," she said, sitting down on his bed.

"Come on then, let's dance."

She sighed, a small smile on her face, "Sirius..."

"Come on, darling, for me?"

She felt her insides just melt at his words, her cheeks becoming warm as she slowly nodded before letting him pull her up by her hand. As the bright tones of the song enveloped the room, he felt pleasure in taking her in his arms and just dancing with her. 

He had never been intimate with anyone in this way before Caroline. Whenever he was physical with someone, it was never like this...it was for a purpose, everything intensely leading to a goal...but not with Caroline. With Caroline he touched her, held her, kissed her, just because he wanted to. He didn't need anything else. He just needed her. 

He took her hand and turned her under his arm, taking her by surprise, which just made her laugh. He pulled her back into him and they rocked to the tune. He couldn't keep his eyes off her.

"What?" She asked.

He shook his head, "I just...have I ever told you how much I love your hair?"

"Oh...well thanks, I grew it myself."

He laughed loudly, shaking his head, "you know for someone that doesn't get humour, you're funnier than you think."

"I am?"