-5-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"OWLs results day, are you nervous?" Was the first thing Caroline's mother said to her that morning.

"A bit," Caroline nodded as she went over to the side to make some tea.

"I remember my results days...GCSEs, A-levels...they're never as big a deal as you make them out to be, trust me, you'll be fine," her Mum said as she packed her bag for the day, "I can't wait to see your results when I get back."

Today was a weekday, so Caroline's mother was going to work; her services as a brilliant attorney were in high demand.

Caroline watched as her Mum smoothed down her dark hair once more, before slipping on her shoes and going to the door. They bid each other goodbye before she left Caroline to sit at the kitchen table and bury her head in her hands. God, was she nervous.

Nothing a lot of green tea couldn't fix...right?

After she had tea and some breakfast she sat in the bay window of her room, trying to busy herself by reading a new french book she bad gotten. It was called Bonjour Tristesse and it was written by a French author called Françoise Sagan. Caroline had always enjoyed the challenge of French literature; she felt it was one thing to know a language but a whole other thing to live it. She felt you could live a language through a book.

She opened the window slightly and felt a comfort in smelling that familiar London smell, hearing the bustling street below and the cars and buses driving through, and feeling the warm morning sun beating down on her face.

She sighed in contentment, before looking down to focus on the book.

As she read about Cécile and her father Raymond and his mistress Elsa and Cécile's lover Cyril, she had almost forgotten about the OWLs results. Almost.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Sirius had completely forgotten that it was OWLs results day until the letter came through, being dropped onto his lap by a passing Hogwarts owl just as he was finishing his morning cereal.

It took him a moment to realise what it was, but when it hit him his heart dropped to his stomach.

"Oi, prongs, it's the OWLs results!" He called up the stairs.

"You what?"

"OWLs results!"

"I can't hear you! I'm in the shower!"

Sirius rolled his eyes and opened his letter.

Sirius Black -
ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVELS

Charms - O
Transfiguration - E
Potions - E
Defence Against the Dark Arts - O
Herbology - A
Astronomy - O
History of Magic - P
Muggle Studies - E
Divination - A
Care of Magical Creatures - A

He had gotten three Os?? How had he managed that?!

"OWLs results, dear?" Euphemia asked as she came into the room, "James' one was delivered in the living room."

He looked at up at her, his eyes still wide in disbelief, "I got three Os! And I passed nearly everything!"

"Oh! Well done, dear!" She exclaimed.

"What's going on?" James came down the stairs with a towel wrapped round his waist.

"OWLs results," his mother smiled kindly at him and passed him his letter.

"Oh shit," he breathed.

"Language, James," Euphemia reprimanded sharply.

"Sorry," he muttered, opening his letter, not caring that his hands were still slightly wet, "here goes..."

Sirius and Euphemia watched him intently as he scanned the letter, before a grin grew on his face.

"What did you get?" Sirius asked.

"I passed all but one," James said, before shoving the paper in Sirius' face, "and I got two Os!"

"Hey! We both failed History of Magic! Go us!" Sirius high-fived him with a loud laugh.

"Lemme see yours," James grabbed Sirius' letter that had been left on the kitchen counter, "Bro! You got three Os?"

"Yeah bro!" Sirius jumped about excitedly.

"Aw man," James pulled him into a tight hug, forgetting he was basically naked and still wet from the shower.

"Damn it, James," Sirius pushed him away, but too late, his clothes were now damp, "now I have to change."

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

Caroline Rutherfood -
ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVELS

Charms - O
Transfiguration - O
Potions - O
Defence Against the Dark Arts - O
Herbology - O
Astronomy - O
History of Magic -O
Arithmancy - O
Study of Ancient Runes - O
Divination - E
Care of Magical Creatures - E

Caroline stared at the paper. She had passed everything. She had gotten nine Outstandings. She had done as well as her Dad and better than her brother had done.

He was going to be fuming.

And all this time Caroline worried that she would never be as good as him. She would spend countless nights in fifth year studying with him and his academic success in the back of her mind. And now, she had gotten better than him. She was going to enjoy this.

"LUTHER!" She hollered up the stairs, "I GOT MY RESULTS!"

A moment of silence was followed by his heavy footsteps as he raced out of his room and down the stairs, almost falling on his face. He ran to her and grabbed the letter from her, scanning it furiously.

"Damn it," he cursed loudly, "you got better than me."

"I know," she giggled happily.

"Oh, Dad's going to be insufferable when he finds out," he groaned.

"I know!" She squealed, making him roll his eyes as she took the results back off of him, "I'm gonna go see Tyler now, have fun thinking about how I'm better than you!"

She bounced out of the house and down the road to see Tyler running towards her too. They both couldn't help but yell as they thrust their own results into each other's hands before embracing excitedly.

"You did so well!" Caroline exclaimed.

"So did you," he shook her as they hugged, making her laugh.

They pulled away and handed each other back their results, both with equally wide smiles on their faces

"Wanna come to mine for some celebratory ice cream?" He asked.

"Is the pope catholic?" She grinned, and they both headed over to Tyler's house.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*