-31-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline sat leaning her back against Sirius' shoulder with her legs outstretched onto the unoccupied bench at the breakfast table, flicking through the Daily Prophet.

Muggle deaths, muggleborns, half-bloods...there was this impending fear starting to grow inside her every time she read the news. There was a chance that her family would be targeted.

Her eye got drawn to an article in the corner of the page: EXCLUSIVE ADVANCED HEALER TRAINING PROGRAMME IN RUSSIA, 3 INTERNATIONAL PLACES NOW AVAILABLE.

She pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose and read the article.

Koldovstoretz School for Magic has opened up their renowned Advanced Course for Magic Medicine, increasing the previously one international spot to three international spots available to the most qualified and impressive candidates. In an official statement the Koldovstoretz Headmaster, Michail Turgenev, said 'The course in medicine and magical healing that we offer at this school is prestigious and until now has remained mainly exclusive to only Russian students. It is an ancient course, dating back to the year 1209 when it was first founded, so applications must only be from the most-

"Hi, Sirius," she heard a feminine voice from above her.

Sirius turned round, moving Caroline's back support and almost making her fall off the bench. The girl giggled and Caroline felt her cheeks burn as she readjusted herself on the bench, putting the newspaper down on the table.

"Sorry, Carrie," Sirius murmured, before looking back up at the girl, "hey, Sophie, isn't it?"

The girl nodded, smiling brightly at the fact he knew her name, "yeah, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, maybe Hogsmeade?"

Caroline felt her shoulders stiffen up and looked at Sirius who seemed surprised, before that charming, fuckboy smirk started to grow on his face as he looked her up and down.

"I'm sure I'd-"

"Hey, I'll see you in Astronomy," Caroline said to him, gathering her stuff in her arms and swinging her legs over the bench before walking out of the hall.

She felt her face still burning in embarrassment. What about Valentines day? What about her? Did she completely misread this situation? Was it all in her head? She had let her feelings get ahead of her and she had forgotten what kind of person he really was.

She groaned and stopped in her tracks in the middle of the empty corridor. Fuck. She'd fallen for him, hadn't she? Yes. Yes she had. She'd gone and bloody fallen for the biggest player in Hogwarts.

"Woah, Rutherford!" James ran into her, "what's wrong?"

She shook her head, "nothing, I'm fine."

"What happened?" He asked gently, "did someone do something?"

She just shook her head again before brushing past him. He frowned. She looked upset. Should he do something? Go after her? No that didn't sound like it would end well. He'd just tell Sirius.

He turned and walked down toward the corridor towards the Great Hall but stopped in the entrance when he saw Sirius seemingly chatting up some blonde Hufflepuff. Or at least the Hufflepuff was chatting up Sirius, it seemed he wasn't as into it as he normally was when pretty girls flirted with him (which happened often).

Of course, Caroline had seen Sirius flirting with this other girl, that must have been why she looked upset. What an idiot his best friend was.

James frowned and walked over to him and the blonde.