-48-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Prefect duty hadn't gotten easier in the last year or so that Caroline had had to do it. It was still mind-numbingly boring.

Under her breath she was running out a conversation in Russian, a tool she used to help her learn other languages too. She hoped by the time she got to Koldovstoretz in September she would be able to speak to other students in Russian.

"Dobryy Vecher! Kak dela?"

She sighed, repeating it, trying to get the pronunciation.

"Menya zovut Caroline...Menya zovut...Caroline."

She nodded, that didn't sound too bad. The trick was to mimic the native accent and apply it to the language, it made the pronunciation a whole lot better.

"Ne ponimayu. Povtorite pozhaluysta..." she frowned, that one was difficult.

"Now what's that face for, pretty girl?"

She looked over to the corner of the hallway to see Sirius approaching her, a small smile of adoration on his lips.

"I'm trying to practice my Russian," she said, before looking at his watch as he came closer, "wow, it's half-eleven already?"

"Mm, time for our date," he grinned, "or did you forget?"

"I don't forget things, Sirius, it's not in my nature," she said playfully, making him laugh, "shall we go then?"

Suddenly they heard heavy footsteps round the other corner. Sirius' eyes widened and he quickly threw the invisibility cloak that he was holding in his hands over his head.

Filch came round the corner, and smiled eerily at Caroline. Filch was the caretaker, he was in his mid-thirties, and honestly he was a bit of a creep.

"Evening, Caroline," he hummed, looking round the hallway, "funny, I thought I heard voices. You haven't seen anyone else here, have you love?"

Caroline forced a smile onto her face and shook her head, "no I haven't, if I do I'll let you know. That's my job, after all."

"Ah," he laughed a rickety laugh and nodded.

She watched as he strode closer to her, a certain look in his eye. He stopped at just a couple inches away from her, so close she could smell his breath. It was really awful.

"Well, you know where my office is," he leered at her, a small smirk on his face, "you should come visit me at some point...we could have some fun."

She didn't want to make him angry, she just wanted him to leave her alone.

"If I have anything to report," she said breathlessly, nodding, before stepping away from him, "Well I must get going Mr Filch, my patrol shift's over."

"Don't you want to-"

"No thank you," she said, her voice a bit higher than normal, already making her escape, "but you have a nice night!"

She turned the corner, exhaling out a calming breath as he heard Filch's footsteps fade away down the other direction. It wasn't the first time he had been like that with her or some of the other older girls, but no one had ever really said anything. It was uncomfortable but it was apparently normal.