-6-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Sixth year!" Eloise sang happily as they all settled into their compartment on the Hogwarts express.

"Godric, just think about it, we only have two more years left!" Archie shook his head in disbelief.

"Ty, remember we've got the Prefects meeting at half eleven," Caroline reminded Tyler quietly.

"Yep," he nodded.

"Oh yeah, you two are prefects now," Jane said with a small laugh, "better not be giving any of us a detention."

"I'm not making any promises," Tyler joked, and Caroline laughed along.

But her mind was elsewhere. Julian hadn't written her the whole of the last week of the holiday, despite the fact she had written him twice. Was he avoiding her? And why? Was it because of what had happened between them when they saw each other over the holidays? She had never wanted to disappoint him...sometimes she thought that it would be better for their relationship if she just ignored her anxieties and just did whatever he wanted...but she knew that wasn't right.

"I'm going to see Julian," she murmured to those of the group not invested in conversation.

"Okay," Tyler nodded, shooting her a small smile of reassurance since he knew what had been happening between the couple.

She got up and left the apartment, holding onto the wall of the corridor as the train shuddered along. She saw some Gryffindor boys walking her way, but it wasn't Julian's lot. She looked down at her feet as she kept walking, hoping and praying they would just ignore her.

"Oh hey, Caroline?"

She groaned internally, but lifted her head and smiled politely at the tall boy who had stopped to talk to her.

"Hi Remus," she said softly, her brown eyes focusing on him and not on his boisterous friends who were with him.

"I heard you got Ravenclaw prefect, right?" He asked, smiling kindly at her.

"Oh, yes I did," she nodded, feeling relief settle on her shoulders, "and you got Gryffindor right? Congratulations for that."

"Cheers," he grinned, before looking at her slyly, "hopefully we'll get patrol duty together, eh?"

"Fuckin' 'ell, Remus," she heard one of his friends mutter behind him, but she took no notice.

"Sure," she felt her face heat up slightly at the charming look in his blue eyes, before clearing her throat, "uh, I'll see you at the meeting then?"

"Sure, see you then," he sent her another friendly smile before walking away with his friends who began to tease him as soon as they thought Caroline was out of earshot.

"Mate, you do realise she has a boyfriend?" She heard one of them say loudly.

"So? It's Hughes...he's an ass anyway."

"What has gotten into you today? You've flirted with about five girls since we got on this train and we've been here for about two minutes."

"It's not flirting, I'm just being friendly."

"I bet it's the prefect stuff, it's going to his head."

"I think some other things are going to his head..."

She smiled softly and rolled her eyes at them. They were the boys who did all the pranks. The immature ones. Oh well, she thought, they seemed nice enough (and really bloody good-looking too). She didn't catch the look that Sirius Black boy sent her as she began to walk away, his mind whirring about her too, but her mind was now set on finding Julian again.