-4-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline walked up Julian's driveway, the wind blowing back her curls, annoying her since she knew her hair would now probably be ruined. Once she had gotten to the door, she paused, looking down at herself.

She was wearing her jeans and a 'The Beatles' t-shirt. Was she too dressed down? She still felt so nervous with this whole boyfriend thing, even though they had dated for ages now and she had hung out with him at his house loads of times. She was just an over-thinker, always had been.

She knocked on the door.

After a moment it swung open, and Julian stood there, smirking that usual Julian smirk.

"Hi," she pecked him on the lips out of instinct.

"Hey, come in," he stepped back to allow her into the house.

She got in and slipped off her shoes, before following him through some doors to his living room.

"Man, I wish you would get a TV, there are so many DVDs you have to watch," Caroline told him as they walked.

"What's a TV again?" He asked.

"Ah, you precious pureblood," she shook her head and smiled teasingly, "it's that box where you can watch shows. Like plays but produced without a proper stage."

"The whole concept of that still confuses me, you know?" He laughed as they entered the room.

"Next time you come round mine, I'm making you watch the telly with me," she grinned, flopping down on the leather sofa.

"Fine, fine," he rolled his eyes playfully, before taking off his jumper, "I'm getting hot, you wanna wear this?"

"And keep forever?" She smiled hopefully, taking the jumper from him.

"Fat chance, it's my favourite jumper," he said with a laugh as he sat down beside her.

She pulled it on. Despite being a tall girl at 5'10", Julian was 6'3" so his jumper was still big on her as it would be on any other girl.

"So," she clapped her hands together and crossed her legs, turning her body on the sofa to face him, "tell me all about that family drama that's stopping the Cornwall trip."

"Oh man, don't get me started," he laughed, raking a hand through his blonde hair, "so basically, Auntie Pat, you know Auntie Pat?"

"Fat Pat?"

"Yeah, that Pat," he nodded seriously, making her giggle, "so anyway, Auntie Pat and my Mum had this huge fight in the middle of family dinner about how Pat wasn't raising her kids right, it was a whole thing, my Mum was being kinda rude but I saw her point. And then my old gramps pipes in and starts insulting my mum's parenting and..."

Caroline watched him fondly as he theatrically told the story, getting more and more into it. He loved telling these kind of stories to her, and she loved to listen and watch him as he told them. He really was very beautiful.

"...and so that's why we can't go to Cornwall."

"God, your family's a lot more dramatic than mine," she shook her head and laughed.

"Be grateful for that," he grinned, swiftly sliding a hand onto her knee.

"My family are just...overachievers," Caroline admitted, not really taking any notice of his hand, "I often feel pressure from all their success, you know?"