-43-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

If she hadn't had power-walked, Maeve Iverson would definitely have been late for Charms on the first day of term. However, by the time she had gotten to the classroom, there were only two seats left.

They were in class with Ravenclaw, so normally Maeve would have just gone to the nearest Slytherin table...but the only free one was with Barty Crouch jr...so she had to look at the seat beside the Ravenclaw. It was a prefect, just her luck.

She sighed and took her seat beside Caroline Rutherford just as Professor Flitwick began the lesson.

Carrie didn't even take notice of the girl beside her as she had already started writing, taking notes with impressive speed. Maeve watched her for a moment, raised a brow, before focusing on herself and pulling out her own parchment. Now she was beside this Ravenclaw she would actually have to try...what a shame.

Flitwick was rambling on about something or other...Maeve tried to tune in. He was talking about the aims for the next year, and what they had to cover before the revision period that would take place before they all sat their NEWTs. She would just remember that, she didn't need to write.

But Merlin, this Ravenclaw wrote a lot.

This was Caroline Rutherford. According to Remus, she and Sirius were kind of a thing? Although Maeve could never keep track of who Sirius was banging, it seemed to change every other week.

To be fair, this girl was way hotter than the rest of them, but strangely, Rutherford had...intelligence. The overly-intelligent girls rarely went for Sirius, because they knew better. What kind of spell had he gotten this Rutherford girl under? She could easily be the smartest in their year, she was obviously not naive.

Or maybe he had fallen for her, and she could see that.

Maeve almost snorted aloud at the thought. Sirius Black actually falling in love with another person that wasn't himself? Unlikely. I mean they were mates, and she thought he was a sound lad, but even she knew relationships had never seemed to be his thing...his thing was being a flirt and having a lot of sex.

Not that there was any shame in that. That's who she was too, before Remus.

Perhaps Caroline was to Sirius what Remus was to Maeve?

Maeve glanced over at Sirius who was sitting beside James at the back of the classroom. But there he was, just gazing at the back of Caroline's head, watching her soft dark curls relax there as she worked, completely zoned out as he just admired her from afar.

So maybe he had fallen. And maybe he had fallen hard.

· 。゚☆: *.☽

"Evening," Caroline said as she sat beside Sirius at dinner.

"Where were you?" He asked, smiling as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Just talking to Slughorn about some extra credit things for potions."

"It's only the second week back," Sirius said.

"Exactly, no time to waste."

And with that she began to pile some food onto her plate.

"Did you have a good day?" She asked as he poured her out a glass of water like she always had.

"Mm, it was good," he said.

"Any interesting classes?"

He looked amused at the question, but shook his head, "I guess charms was alright."