-30-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Hey, play that Carolina one again."

"Oh yeah! I love that one."

"Okay, okay," Sirius snorted,  shaking his head at the boys, "hey, do you think it's obvious that literally all my songs are about Rutherford?"

"Well..." Remus trailed off, looking to James and Peter for help.

Peter swallowed the sweet that was in his mouth and said "yes."

"Pete!"

"Great," Sirius laughed, shaking his head at himself, "God that's embarrassing."

"Yeah, like...Carolina? It's basically Caroline," James said.

"Yeah but it's about an imaginary girl from Carolina, that's a place in America! Not a girl called Caroline."

"But it's obviously still about her," Remus said from where he was laying in bed, "go on, sing us a bit of it, we'll point out every Rutherford reference."

Sirius rolled his eyes, "fine, but seriously I don't think it's obvious."

He started strumming the guitar.

"She's got a book for every situation-"

"Well that's obvious," James laughed.

"Gets into parties without invitations-"

"Sure that's not a reference to the Gryffindor party a couple weeks back?" Remus asked.

"Shut up, Lupin," Sirius grumbled, before carrying on, "there's not a drink that I think could sink her, how would I tell her that she's all I think about-"

"Merlin, Padfoot," James threw a pillow at the boy, "you're in love with her, aren't you?"

"Am not-"

"He is, absolutely infatuated it's actually a bit weird," Remus said.

"Sure you can talk, Lupin."

Both Sirius and Remus' eyes went wide. Shit.

"What?" James asked, "Remus do you fancy someone?"

Remus shook his head as Sirius stammered for an explanation, "I just meant that he's, um, he...he fancies Madame Rosmerta!"

"What, the bird from the Three Broomsticks?"

"Yeah, definitely," Remus said, clearing his throat, "I mean...she's...um, you know..."

"Huge tits," Sirius contributed.

"Yes, thank you Sirius," Remus said, massaging his temples.

"If you shag her we could get free drinks," James suggested.

Remus hummed and nodded, averting his eyes, his face still burning. Even the thought of being with someone else other than Maeve made him actually feel a bit nauseous. No one, nothing could ever compare to her. He looked at the pack of cigarettes on his dresser and smiled softly to himself. He couldn't wait until the morning just so he could see her at breakfast.

"Hey, Sirius?" Peter began.

"Yeah?"

"Could you play us Sweet Creature again?"

"Sure, Pete."

He started playing the familiar guitar part, his fingers dancing between the strings in a way he didn't even have to think about anymore.