-36-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Caroline walked out of the Ancient Runes end of year exam with Remus Lupin, both of them mentally exhausted.

"How did you find that?" He asked.

"Painful."

He laughed, "yeah that pretty much sums it up."

"I'll be lucky if I get an E," she said, shaking her head.

"I'll be lucky if I pass at all," he said, "trust me, you'll be fine."

"We'll see..."

"Well okay, look at the bright side, at least it's over now."

She chuckled as they turned into the courtyard, "yeah, I guess you're right. I appreciate the optimism."

"All about the optimism," he grinned, "hey, why don't you come sit with us?"

She looked where he was gesturing, at Sirius, James and Peter sitting under a tree near the black lake, "oh...sure, okay."

As they got closer, she noticed Sirius playing an acoustic guitar as the other two studied. Quite a few people, mainly girls, kept glancing at Sirius...apparently him playing the guitar was just another factor of his hotness.

"I think I've decided to scrap the mid-section," she heard Sirius say.

"Mm, good idea, it didn't work," James said, "but I think you should keep the guitar bit."

"Can you play it to us like that then?" Peter asked.

"Yes I-"

"Actually boys, I've got something to show you in the library," Remus said, "don't worry Sirius, Caroline's here, you can sing it to her instead. We've all heard it enough, it's Sweet Creature you're on about?"

Sirius' eyes widened in panic, "wait-"

"In fact, she hasn't heard any of the song before, you should sing the whole thing," he said.

James grinned, "I think that's a brilliant idea."

"You wrote a song, Sirius?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah, um...why can't I come to the library too?" Sirius asked as James and Peter began to gather their things.

"It's for your birthday."

"My birthday's in like five months!" Sirius protested.

But they began to walk away, laughing amongst themselves.

"Just," Sirius looked at Caroline, "just give me one second, I'll be right back."

He ran to catch up with his friends, guitar still in hand.

"Guys, guys! What the hell?!" He whisper-shouted.

"You wrote the song about her, now's your chance to actually sing it to her," Remus said.

"But I can't! It's so-"

"Mate, she won't even know it's about her," James said.

Remus nodded, "it's just another opportunity to charm her, come on Padfoot, you can do it."

"We believe in you!" Peter said.

"What if she thinks it's stupid?"

"She won't, stop overthinking," James said.

"Now go and serenade that girl before I hit you over the head with your own guitar," Remus said, "go on!"

Sirius scowled, but reluctantly turned around and jogged back to Caroline who had sat down and was leaning her back against the tree, reading a book.