-11-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Since that day Lily and Caroline had been talking a lot more, and it had been nice. Lily was almost on the same intellectual level as Caroline, so when they talked they both found it very interesting.

It was breakfast, the first day of October, and Caroline had woken up early to finish the book she was reading the night before. It was 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee. She was bursting with energy after finishing it, as one often is with reading, so when she got to the hall she walked over to Lily and sat down beside her.

"Well good morning," Lily said in surprise.

"Have you read this?" Caroline asked, putting the book on the table.

"Actually yes, last summer," Lily nodded.

"I just finished it this morning. What did you think of it?"

"Oh man," Lily picked up the book and flicked through the pages. "I think it's so clever, like the way that it's this insightful social commentary in the perspective of a child is brilliant. It's just so unbiased and...observational."

Caroline nodded, "exactly, that's what I thought. And man, the poignancy in some of those scenes..."

"Like in the courthouse?"

"Like in the courthouse."

"If I was to marry any fictional character, I would marry Atticus," Lily said.

"I literally said that to Eloise this morning and she had no idea what I was talking about," Caroline laughed.

"Hello, my Lily-flower!"

They both looked up to James Potter who had sauntered over to where they were sitting.

Someone sat beside Caroline, "bonjour."

She smiled at the voice, and looked at Sirius, "bonjour, Sirius. Comment allez-vous?"

"Je vais bien, et toi?" He asked.

James sat beside Lily and tried to talk to her but she was looking between Sirius and Caroline who, before that moment, she didn't know had ever even spoken. After a few more attempts James gave up and began to watch them too. What language were they speaking...French?

"Je suis stressé." Caroline told him, making him laugh. "Avez-vous fait les devoirs d'astronomie?"

"Qu'est-ce que tu penses?" He asked.

She laughed and shook her head before speaking in English, "you know it's due tonight?"

"Exactly, I've got all the time in the world," he grinned.

"I didn't even realise you two knew each other," Lily said, raising an eyebrow at Caroline.

"We have astronomy together," Sirius said, before winking at Caroline.

Caroline grinned before catching sight of Julian entering the hall and nodding her over. She took the book back from Lily.

"Gotta go," she said to them. "See you later, Sirius."

"Au revoir mon ami," he waved, making her smile one last time.