-49-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

When she got to the platform it would be the first time she would see Luther since their parents' funeral. The funeral was a short affair, with a lot of Ministry officials there for respect, more for Luther than their parents. It didn't feel personal at all, it was awful, but of course it was a funeral. She just wanted to forget it.

Seeing Luther again and actually staying with him and not at their parents' house was on her mind the whole train ride back, it would make everything real. All Sirius could do was hold her hand and murmur sweet words of comfort in her ear on the way, just be there for her.

They pulled up at Kings Cross Station, and as the rest of their friends stood up and got their bags, Caroline just squeezed Sirius' hand tight and whispered, "I can't."

"Yes you can, sweetheart, you've been so strong, you've got this."

Caroline just looked in his eyes for a moment before swallowing nervously and nodding, "okay."

He helped her get her bags down and let her lead the way out of the compartment to the platform.

She searched for her brother and her eyes soon landed on him. He looked as anxious as she was. They locked eyes.

Sirius squeezed her shoulder, "I'll be over with the Potters, yeah?"

She just nodded, glancing at him as he went over to James' family, before looking back at Luther. She began to walk up to him, sliding past all the other families, all the parents, her eyes just on her brother. He was her family now.

When she got to him she dropped her bags and flung her arms round his neck in a hug. Luther was strong, taller than her, around 6'5", so when he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him, her feet left the ground by a couple inches.

"You okay?" He murmured, still not letting go of her.

"Better now I'm with you," she whispered back, "you?"

"Same."

"I came in Mum's old car," he said as they pulled away.

She smiled tearfully at that, "the mustang?"

He nodded, before glancing over at Sirius who was looking over at them (but quickly averted his eyes when he saw Luther looking at him).

"Go say bye to your friends, I'll take your bags to the car," Luther said to his sister.

"Thanks," she shot him a small smile, and watched as he took her bags before beginning to walk away.

She then made her way over to Tyler, Archie and Jane who were standing together with their families. When they saw her approaching they excused themselves from their families, knowing she'd be in a delicate state and wouldn't enjoy lots of other people trying to talk to her.

"You're staying at Luther's, aren't you?" Tyler asked as he gave her a tight hug.

"Yeah, you know where it is, right?"

He nodded as they pulled away, "I'll still come round all the time."

She smiled at that, "thanks, Ty."

"Come here, you," Archie said, pulling her into a hug, "I'll miss you."

"Let's definitely make plans at some point, yeah?"

"Of course."

Jane was the last one to pull her gently into a hug, squeezing her tight, "you gonna be okay, doll?"

"I have Luther," Caroline pulled away, a small but brave smile on her face, "I'll be okay...you lot take care of yourselves, yeah?"

"We will," Tyler pulled her into a side hug once more and kissed the top of her head, "you too."

"I will," she smiled up at him before stepping back and glancing over at Sirius, "I've gotta say goodbye to Sirius before he goes. But I'll see you guys soon, yeah?"

Archie nodded, "love you, Carrie."

"Love you, guys," she said, smiling at them all one last time before going over to Sirius.

"Bye!"

"Merry Christmas!"

She laughed, turning round and waving at them.

When she got to the Potters, she exchanged the pleasantries with Mia, accepted her condolences and wished them a Merry Christmas before Sirius pulled her aside.

The first thing Sirius said was, "I know you couldn't last year, but the Potter's are having another Christmas Party and...well, Mia and James said it would be fine if you came, and I really want you to come."

She smiled softly at that and nodded, "Yeah, I'd like that."

He grinned, "great...oh and hey, how was it with Luther?"

"Fine, it was nice to see him again, I was worrying for nothing really."

He smiled and just looked at her for a moment, before murmuring, "I'm gonna miss you."

She smiled, shaking her head and stepping into his arms for a hug. He hugged her back, sighing in contentment.

"It's only gonna be a few days," she said quietly in his ear.

"I know...I'm just being a drama queen."

She giggled at that, pulling back for a moment before pressing a soft kiss to his lips, "I love you."

He smiled a huge smile at that and had to look away for a moment, before looking back at her eyes, "it's so cool to hear you say that..."

She smiled too, and kissed him one more time.

"I love you too, by the way, if that wasn't clear," Sirius said.

"I got it, don't worry."

Sirius looked up, "looks like your brother's waiting for you."

She nodded, "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Counting down the seconds, love," he smiled, winking at her.

She laughed, "and you know, if you ever get lonely, just look in your mirror, and I should be there."

He nodded, "I will."

She turned to go but he pulled her back into him for one last kiss, making her giggle slightly against his lips. When they pulled away he rested his forehead against hers.

"Love you," he said.

"Love you."

She turned round walking to Luther only to see him staring hardly at Sirius. Couldn't he just stop being protective for one bloody day?