-2-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"FINE! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR STUPID FAMILY! YOU ALL JUST FUCK EACH OTHER AND PRETEND YOU'RE BETTER THAN EVERYONE WHEN REALLY, YOU'RE ALL...ALL JUST...PILLOCKS!"

Smack!

Sirius fell on the floor with the force of the blow he had just received on his head from his father. He groaned in a mix of pain and anger. He got up quickly, staring at Orion Black furiously.

"What? Are you going to hit me back, boy?" His father asked.

"Maybe," Sirius said, his voice faltered but he tried to appear brave as he stood as tall as he could.

His father was still taller than him.

Sirius clenched his jaw, before raising his fist in an attempt to hit him. Orion was faster and grabbed the fist flying at him, threw Sirius' arm down before swinging a punch at his face. A loud CRACK echoed throughout the room. Sirius put his hand over his nose and let out a cry in pain.

Orion punched him once more, in the jaw, and he fell to the floor again. He felt sharp blows to his stomach from his father beginning to lose control as he kicked him mercilessly while he was still down on the floor.

"Stop! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please stop," Sirius whimpered, cowering away from his father now.

"That's what I thought," Orion grunted, before leaving the room, "pathetic."

They heard the door to his office slam shut.

Regulus hurried over to Sirius, offering a hand to help him up but Sirius didn't take it. He stood up alone, and walked slowly back to the dining table without help. He hadn't even started his dinner.

And then his mother stood up from where she was sat at the dining table, and said lowly, "Sirius, just go to your room. I don't want to look at you right now."

"But-"

"Now."

"But I haven't eaten..."

She looked at him with a hard stare. After a moment he sighed in defeat and left the room, trudging tiredly up the stairs.

It pained him to walk. It pained him to move his face. It pained him to cry which, despite his efforts, was happening. Angry tears were the most common type for Sirius, but he hated that they happened.

He sat by his window for hours that night, his heart heavy with that awful feeling of hopelessness, that feeling that there really is nothing you can do. He looked up at the stars.

And then he had an idea.

He fumbled about on his desk, only guided by the soft moonlight coming in through the window. After a few moments, he found a spare piece of parchment, a quill and a half-empty pot of ink.

Prongs,
I'm sorry mate, I never wanted to do this, but I'm running away and I have no idea where else I would go. Can I stay round yours? It's only temporary, obviously, probably only for a couple of nights.
I hope you're alright. I'll see you soon.
Sirius

He whistled for Comet, his tiny, ink black owl that he had bought in first year, who flew and landed on his desk within a few minutes from wherever he was in the sky. Sirius handed him the letter and muttered that it was for James, because Comet had delivered enough letters to know where he lived without an address.