CHAPTER 33

SEJUN

"Answer her question, Sejun. I'm counting in my mind. If it reached ten and you still don't have answer, you'll see." Ms. Hong said.

I'm lying if I'd say I'm not panicking right now. Teacher Hong's mad face and the serious tone of her voice is making me shake. I cannot think properly.

Tumingin ako sa mga members ko and even them are scared now. I glanced at Inna and I felt worried when I saw her eyes getting red, forcing herself not to cry. She looked at me and I felt even more worried, her eyes look so scared.

"I..." I opened my mouth and try to say something.

This isn't the right time to tell them the truth. Gustuhin ko mang sabihin sa lahat at ipagsigawan na mahal na mahal ko si Inna pero hindi pwede. Hindi pa pwede. Pareho kaming mapapahamak kapag ginawa ko.

"I love Inna, of course." My voice shaked. "She's our friend..." I tried to calm myself. "S-She's our little sister. Of course, I'd love her!"

Friend... Little sister... I want to punch myself.

Inna let out a sigh of relief after what I said. Ms. Hong gave me a sharp look one last time before letting out a deep breath. She faced Inna and told her to go inside and tell the trainees to start the warm up. Anne and Ms. Hong talked for a few moments before Anne left us.

"In my office, now." Ms. Hong said while giving each of us a look.

Nagkatinginan kaming lahat bago sumunod sakanya. Ilang beses akong bumuntong-hininga habang inaalala ang naging reaction ni Inna kanina. I made her nervous. Aishh, bibig mo kase Paulo!

Nang makarating kami sa office ni Ms. Hong ay tahimik namin siyang pinanood habang may inaayos na mga papel na hindi ko alam kung ano. Ms. Hong is the type of teacher who smiles a lot but when she's serious, she's really serious. All of us, even the trainees, fear her a lot. And now, she's not smiling. And I'm scared.

I swallowed hard. I let out a nervous sigh.

Pero biglang nawala saglit ang kaba ko at gusto kong matawa nang makita kong magkahawak ng mga kamay sina Stell, Jah, at Ken. Bahagya ring nakayuko ang mga ulo nila at si Justin ay nakapikit pa.

"Guys, calm down." Mahinang bulong ko sakanila.

Ako itong dapat na kinakabahan, hindi sila.

It seems like they hold hands unconsciously because they flinched when they heard me. Agad nilang binitawan ang kamay ng isa't isa. Natatawa akong umiling.

Sabay-sabay kaming napatingin kay Ms. Hong when she clears her throat. Nagulat pa kami kaya parang nagtaka ang istura ni Ms. Hong.

"What?" She asked. We did not answer.

Para siyang naguguluhan saamin pero umiling nalang siya sa huli.

"Sejun." Tawag nito saakin.

"Y-Yes, teacher?" I answered nervously.

"Go to our office in Ayala later at two o'clock. Bring Ken with you." She said.

"You will have a meeting with Sony Music, Mr. Charles and Sir Robin, and with two known songwriters. Be sure to not get late. Here is the paper about the proposed collab with the songwriters. Read it before going, okay?" Her serious face a while ago was replaced by an expression of excitement. She handed me a piece of paper.

I was able to breath properly again. I thought she's going to scold or warn me kaya pinapunta niya kami dito sa office. Woshh.

"Okay po." I said. I was scanning the paper and my eyes widened when I saw who we are going to meet today!