Return to the Throne

Today's the day. After a year in the light, time to reclaim you throne in the underworld. You took the briefcase from your room and hid it beneath Sibyl's many tails. In his fur it was as if it was never there.

You descended down the stairs. With every step, your heart sunk further beneath that once familiar sea. It was as if you were returning to a home you didn't love . . . nor hate. Your father tired in the kitchen still eating the breakfast you had made earlier while looking at his phone. Somehow, just looking at him, your chest felt lighter, not as vengeful and ridden with hate as before. Maybe it was due to the fondness that grew towards the male who for nearly 3 years, had been your closest father figure since you were 8. Hopefully there will come a day when you can look him in the eye, and confess your actions. Just as much, when it comes, he will still love you.

"Hey dad." You finally spoke up.

Aizawa looked up acknowledging your presence. "Hey kid."

Suddenly there nervousness kicked in, you were about to lie to your father. Not that you haven't used lies and deceit before. You just, had never done so with your deceased father, and only ever hid things from this one. But, to complete your job you had to. "My eldest brother Astor asked me to come by to see him and the triplets today." Your heart raced inside, but your remained bright and stoic.

His eyebrows raised, "Oh yeah, they finally asked for you?"

You mustered a smile. "Yeah, its been so long now, so we wanted to meet up at our secret special place."

"So you don't want me to drop you off?" He smirked lightly.

"It's a secret so why?" You responded jokingly.
"No, nothing, so when will you be back."

Pausing trying to think of a reasonable time span. "Probably 2-3 days, knowing my sister, she'll try and squeeze a girl's day into the time spent between the five of us. Not mention their job involves a lot of travel."

Aizawa nodded slightly. "Alright, so that's your bag on the couch then, make sure you got everything. "

Slowly you nodded your head before going towards the couch and lifting the duffle bag. You made your way towards your father at the kitchen island and hugged him from behind. Slowly he stroked your arm at the embrace, taking in his wood like scent once more you let go, your touch lingering slightly.

Not in a hurry you left the house with Sibyl trailing behind. Your previous actions confused the adult. The way your hand lingered on his arm, was . . . unsettling, the way you slowed your stride and slowly closed the door. Almost as if,

You were saying goodbye.

Later that day

Here we are. Sibyl said as you two stood on a hill above the building. It looked fairly taken cared of, and seemed to pass for an apartment complex.

Alright. You looked down at Sibyl. Let's do this . . . Tartarus.

At his new name, Sibyl's white fur turned black, and rosy eyes a blood red.