Feminine

"Fix your dress, you're not a whore." Hina said to seven year old you in the tight collared blue and black ballroom dress you wore. As she walked by you, a mirror came into view. Others would've seen a respectable young girl. Others would've seen an image of what high society looked. Others would've seen a princess.

You saw a an animal. A whale even. The wide base made you look fat. No amount of pretty makeup, sparkly jewels, and fancy clothes would change that image.

You pulled the dress down obediently as your mother, at the time, had instructed. She started to walk out the door and you followed quietly. This was the fifth gala in which you would perform now.

Your fingers now despising the feel of a pianos keys, a guitar's strings, and the bow of a violin. Music no longer brought you joy. The days where you would sing with your father were long gone. The rumbling of the car's engine sounded in your ears with a deafening silence.

"You'd better perform well today." Hina said breaking the silence. "Since you're too stubborn to take over the business I might as well marry you off. So you'd better act like a lady so some of the boys' fathers find interest."

A lady? You were just a girl, being told to act like a lady. Be feminine. But you harbored no protest. You accepted this to be an order, if you did not stay feminine, you would die.

~~~~~~~

You stood in the hotel elevator in full gear, your swords strapped to you back glistened in the light. Katsuki stood in there with you in his own suit. You scrolled through your phone absently with Sibyl asleep on your shoulder as the doors opened. The two of you walked out into the lobby.

Strangers and passerbys looked at you two in wonder at the sight. Mainly you considering your rising popularity. Katsuki knew and was quite sour at the fact. Not that he was ashamed that his girlfriend was popular. Just that she was more popular than him, this fact ticked at him. But he couldn't be angry at you about it, the blonde just needed to step up.

Finally outside you looked up from your phone and around the street. Looking back you pulled one of your swords out of their sheath and looked at the way they glistened in the sun. I need to sharpen these a bit more when I get back. You thought while glancing down at the robots that protrolled the streets. I forgot that this place had these guys watch over the streets. You thought watching two of them pass you and Katsuki.

"Which way to the damn arena?" Katsuki adjusting the gauntlets on his arms.

"This way." You started to walk and he followed.

As you walked you looked over at Sibyl asleep on your shoulder. It still boggled your mind how for three years you had no idea that he was building resistance to the toxin that haunted you so long ago. Every time you would look at him, it would seem that he was more considerate than you gave him credit for. As you pet his head softly, you heard someone walk up behind.

"Good morning, Romeo and Juliet!" Sounded Xiao'yuer's voice as his arms wrapped around the both of you from behind. "Or should I say Bonnie and Clyde?"

"Shut up." Katsuki retorted shaking out of the hold.

"So where are Tala Morpheus and . . . what's your name?" He asked the blonde.

"What's yours?"

Xiao'yuer narrowed his eyes at him before flicking him off. "Touchè."

"We're going to the arena for the competition today." You informed him. "Are you going too, you're dressed in your own gear." Looking at his attire he scoffed.