From Here on Out

The halls were quiet this peaceful evening. As you were cradled in your mother's arms, she peeked into the eldest room, seeing your brother peaceful in slumber.

Closing his door, she continued down the hall as you fidgeted in her arms. Her arms started to sway, in order for you to relax. She started to hum. Clear as a bell, the most beautiful sound to man.

"Shh. It's alright my dear." She said to you as you quieted down.

As you quieted down, she opened another door. In it was your father, he was tucking your sister in. The man looked up and smiled softly at the two of you as he patted your sister's head softly before leaving her side. Silvestor looked over at your brothers before leaving the room.

"She sleep?" He asked looking down at you.

His wife nodded as he moved the blanket from your face to take a good look at you. The woman looked at your father before tilting her head. Silvestor noticed her change in expression and looked up at her.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I don't know, you just seem different as of late." She said prompting him to giggle softly.

"Yeah, I guess so. You don't like it?"

She shook her head. "No, I kind of like this side of you."

He smiled at her. "Good, cuz I'll be like this from here on out."

~~~~~~~

Now dressed in sweatpants and the sweater from Katsuki you waited quietly to leave the building. The sun was setting outside your window and the orange hues filled your room.

Finally I'm leaving this place. You thought in relief.

Footsteps were heard as your uncle entered the room in his regular attire. "Come on aking mahal, Aizawa's waiting for you."

Nodding softly you rose from the bed and followed Ronan down the quiet hall. You tugged at your sleeves trying to make it envelope you more. Looking up at your uncle, you tilted your head at his stride. He seemed to be shaking, not from chill, and he kept flexing his fingers.

"You okay uncle?"

The male sighed at your question. "Well, would you be if you found out your brother was killed and neice abused by a complete stranger." He started solemnly as the two of you entered the lobby. "My real in law now has an entire family praying for her death now. I better hurry and clear things up with them."

That's right. For so long your image of a mother figure was cursed. Only to find out the woman was completely innocent. Maybe to an extent. But that depends on what really happened. What would you do when you finally meet her? What would you talk about?

A flurry of uncertainty around the woman who was supposedly your mother started to cast into your mind. Suddenly the cool breeze of the evening air blew in your face as you stepped outside. Aizawa stood by his car waiting for you patiently. Ronan placed his hand on your head, and looked down at you warmly.

"We'll find her soon, for now go and rest. I know you're itching to get back to school." He said as you smiled at him and headed towards your father.

Aizawa reached out for you and stroked your head softly. You smiled at his touch very glad your attempt didn't succeed. "Let's go home alright?" You nodded at his question as the both of you entered the car. Looking out the window, Ronan watched you go and waved as you left the premises.