Rings of Trust🌟

You were furiously rummaging through your bag for the spare long-sleeved shirt inside. The bedroom you ran into seemed to be closing in, as you hyperventilate in fear. Why were you afraid? What was so scary about the world seeing your scars.

Ewww! They look so ugly.

How does she plan to get married looking like that?

What do you achieve hurting yourself like that?

Damn that really ruins the view.

Just focus on her face it's, her only good quality.

Them. It was their words that scared you. Every time you looked at them, you feared those words exiting their lips. Now, you were afraid of him saying these things.

Finally you found the clothes and quickly changed your attire. Holding yourself, you fell to the ground. You stared up at the ceiling for what felt like hours. How would you look at him? The shock in his eyes made it look as if he was scared.

A knock was at the door. "Y/N?" Bakugo's low voice sounded through the door. You shifted uncomfortably on the floor. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to burn you, my hands got sweaty and it set off accidentally. I'm sorry for hurting you."

You clutched your arm at his apology. The explosion wasn't even what upset you. He doesn't think that- Shaking your head, you got up from the floor, then opened the door. Bakugo stood there uncomfortably, surprised that you came out.

"You think you scarred me with the explosion?" You asked him.

He looked off a bit. "I- I don't, maybe."

Heaving a sigh, your mouth curled into a small smile. "This is not your fault Bakugo it's fine. They're not even burn scars."

His brows furrowed at your statement, relieved by the lack of your anger. However, it still unsettled him. "Did you-"

"I," you cut him off. "did not put them there."

"Your old hag put them there?" He asked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Even after 8 years they're still a reminder that she'll never be out of my life."

Bakugo bit his lip looking away. "Why did you run from me then? If you weren't mad at me?"

A pang of guilt ran through your throat, as you walked back into the room. He followed in but stayed near the door as you plopped onto the bed. "I learned a long time ago that this," you lifted up your shirt to show the scars on your stomach and chest. "is not a desirable look. Definitely not attractive for him." He flinched at the mention of your ex. "I was afraid you'd say something about them so I ran. But I never thought that you'd think these were your fault, since they're whip scars."

"Eh?" Bakugo face twisted into anger. "There better be a good fucking reason why no one knows about this."

"It isn't that simple Bakugo, she has more ties to the government than I do. Even my own connections are out ranked by her's. So it's my word against her's" You explained. "I'm not the only one either, the staff back at our mansion are trapped by her too. She provides protective services for their families, and if they try anything they'll be stripped of it. None of them have an adequate education, nor can I find any more fulfilling jobs for them."

"Just give them fucking evidence, there were witnesses, and your scars are proof also." Bakugo argued stepping up to you.

"If I did that, they'd make an argument about my mental health, as well as tie it to my family history."

"What does your fucking family history have to do with it?" He retorted annoyed out of his mind.

"Remember, it's not only our stories, statistics and studies have shown that governments are wary of our mental states. Aside from my severe PTSD, I'm susceptible to a number of mental health issues, same goes for my siblings. They'll make the claim that I inflicted pain on myself, then made myself forget to put the blame on her. What motive could I have for that, who knows, but that's what would happen."