Angel Myths

"Daddy?" You asked.

"Yes my little angel." He said braiding Mai's blue hair.

"Why can't our family dream?" The small child that was you asked curiously.

Whenever you slept you saw nothing but emptiness. Then when you went to school, the children would speak of their dreams. But when they asked you, there was nothing you could say.

"Well Y/N we gave up our dreams, many years ago." The father responded.

Mai moved her head to look up at him. "Why would we do that?" She asked.

"To protect the people we love. Our ancestors gave up their dreams, to save the ones they held dear."

"Who did we give them to?" You asked walking towards him.

"The God of dreams Morpheus keeps them for us. Dreams can't just disappear, they need to exist somewhere, so Morpheus holds them for us, but is forbidden to give them back."

"Why?" Mai asked.

"Well, that my dear is a very long story . . .

~~~~~~~~~

You sat at the lunch table with the girls and the boys nearby. Momo sat on your left with Jirou on your right. Kuroko was rolling around in Momo's lap while Sibyl laid down in yours.

"Hey Y/N, quick question." Sero said.

"What up Peter?" You asked.

"Spider-Man. Nice. What exactly is Sibyl?"

Before you could speak Sibyl took your phone, and went to your playlist. Then out of nowhere you all hear,

"🎵I'm a Savage, Classic, Bougie, Ratchet.🎵"

Denki laughed trying to contain the food in his mouth, while the others snickered and chuckled. Sibyl looked up at you, there was attitude in his gaze.

"Wanna prove me wrong?" He asked.

You snatched your phone from the fox shaking your head. "Sibyl's my Wild Guide, everyone on my father's side has one."

"What does a Wild Guide do?" Jirou asked.

"Our job is basically to keep the people in Y/N's father's side of the family from going insane, or falling into the darkness." Sibyl explained.

"Just Y/N's family?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah just mine." You responded blankly. "The reason is a bit of a long story, more of a myth if anything."

"Can you tell us?" Ochaco asked across from you.

"I don't-"

"C'mon please?" Denki asked.

"I too am curious about your family myths." Tokoyami said.

A sigh escaped your lips as you silently admitted defeat. "When Ancient Greece was still young, my ancestor, Aleixo was a soldier of Athens. Whose patreon was the Goddess Athena. By order of the king at that time he and an army of knights were to drive out the entity of insanity Maniae, who was terrorizing the people at that time causing them to kill each other." The class paused their eating to listen, so did Bakugo. He didn't shift his gaze but listened.

"Aleixo was favored by the Olympians for his kind heart and expertise in fighting. They offered many times to give him a blessing, but he declined instead, asked for his wish to be granted when he would need it most. He had a wife Bryony, and a son Anselm.