Meeting

Rose POV: 

All my life I was subjected to be a certain way. Whether it was to be a proper lady, too dating a boy, or staying and upholding the throne of my family. My name is Rose Aldora Castellanos, and I am the rightful heir to the throne of Greece. I have a younger brother who is rowdy and hard to get along with but after moving to the small state of Rhode Island I realized I missed him. I am happy now though. I am a doctor working at Fraser Medical Centre and I live in a three-story renovated colonial home near the water. It is Friday and I have a nine-hour shift at the hospital, I am still new and it is hard to figure stuff out but I am learning. The nurses at the hospital have been very generous when it comes to me needing something. I don't usually sleep around, but my new found freedom is getting the best of me and now I want to try everything.                                                                                                                                  ~

It is currently 6am and I have to arrive at 8am for my shift. I take a quick shower and then brush through my mid-length wavy light brown hair and put some clothes on. I'm going to have to change into scrubs later anyway so I will just make it simple. I throw on a pair of baggy black sweat pants on and some Nike Obsidians along with a simple white t-shirt.I take a quick look at myself and accentuate my eyes with some simple black eyeliner and mascara. I grab my keys and head out the doer to my car. I drive a sleek black Mercedes convertible, which I cherish as if it was a kid.                                                                           ~

Arriving at the hospital in. the mornings is always a rush. The nurses are always attending to someone who had a late-night disaster. I on the other hand am a doctor and I have my own office in the East Wing of the hospital. However, I am not there often. I'm always busy doing something within the medical wing.

I make my way towards the elevator and I am greeted by Lucy. She is one of the best nurses I have ever encountered, and she always helps me meet new people. This hospital is so big I don't know everyone yet. But Lucy is always there to help.

"Rose"

I snap out of my thoughts and focus on the bright smiling older woman in front of me. 

"Hey there Lucy, busy morning?" 

I say with a calm voice

"Oh, you know the usual cases. A soar throat that hasn't gone away, a bad fever."

I look at Lucy with a sympathetic look. She works the night shift and sometimes overtime. She always is there to help but it sometimes worries me.

"I hope you aren't staying another shift. How long have you been on your feet?" Lucy raises a brow at me and I roll my eyes sarcastically. 

I know she can handle herself... hell I barely know her. But I do know she works hard and I only try to remind her to give herself a break.

"Not too long Dr.Rose. I thought you liked having me around" she says in a mocking tone.

"Lucy you're the only one I have right now. I always want you around. But I also need you to take care of yourself" I give her a thin smile and bump her shoulder. 

She is slightly shorter than me. I am around 5'5 and she stands at 5'3.

 *ding*

 I look forward to the opening doors of the elevator and start to step out with Lucy.Lucy looks up at me and stops me right before I make my way to my office. 

"So! Today I need you to meet the rest of your medical staff. The surgeons mainly."I look at her and nod my head in approval. "ok ok just give me a second I have to put my scrubs on and drop stuff off in my office."

I turn slightly and unlock my door. I open my door to a view of the city and surrounding bay area.I place my stuff on my desk and motion for Lucy to come in. 

'she's so awkward at times' I thought to myself. But in a funny cute kind of way.

I quickly change into my scrubs and put my coat on. I clip my name tag to it and follow Lucy out the door.As we walk down the halls and pass patients rooms I realize we are making it towards the end o the hall. 'the staff lounge'

I see we are headed to the staff lounge and I start to stand up straight with authority. Even though no one really knows who I am I still have that leadership instinct within me.She opens the door to a bright sunlit room with floor to ceiling windows. There are couches, tables, comfy chairs, and a huge flat screen T.V.

 "Lucy how ya been" A deep voice says from the right-hand side.I read his name on his tag and it says'Ron

"Ron! oh you know same old same old. I never come up here that often. Maybe I should though. I love what you all have done with the place" Lucy says in a cheerful voice.

Ron looks from Lucy to me and extends his right hand. I shake it and say "Hey I'm Rose. I am new to the hospital... actually Rhode Island itself" 

Ron smiles at me and calls over some other people."Well, it sure is nice to see a fresh face. You must be the new doctor the board recruited. Heard you were top of your class. Mighty impressive"

 I see the others start to gain more interest in me and before I knew it I was having a full-blown conversation with a group of friends.

There was Ron a tall brown-haired man who was in his mid 30's who is also a doctor and has the office next to mine. Jess was a pediatrician around my age, with fun pinkish hair that cascaded along her shoulders. James a muscular guy who worked in surgery. And many other people.I was sitting at the large table with the others and saw that it was almost time to leave and start my shift. 

The others all got up with me since we all had to go to the same place and we began to walk.

As we exited the main door of the staff lounge I ran into a stiff figure.I stumbled backward but was caught in the doorway by James. 

I straightened myself out and looked up to a girl around my age who was a few inches taller than me. 

She had enticing emerald eyes, and jet black long curly hair. She had light tan skin with gorgeous plump cherry red lips. I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when the gruff voice of James spoke to the girl.

"Val"..." I am glad you got here in time to meet the new doctor. This is Rose."

I look at the girl and feel like my mouth hasn't had water in ages. I am hot and can feel a red tint spread across my face.

 "H-hi"...I say stuttering like an idiot. 

She looks at me almost amused at my suffering

"hey there" a soft smooth but yet still forceful voice says "I'm Val"

I just stare at her like an idiot and smile. 

She gives me a sexy smirk as she walks by me and everyone else and into the lounge.

I begin to walk again alongside Lucy and Ron who are chatting with each other. I make it to my office but before I head in I hear Ron say. 

"She usually isn't that nice to people. It takes a while to get her to open up ya know?"

I just look at him and give him a quick smile 

"WAIT, Rose... Val... s-she isn't someone you want to get in the way of." 

"How come" 

"She's the head surgeon and daughter of the hospital's founders"

                                                                                                  ~