longing

Third Person POV:

The evening had been filled with stolen glances and lingering touches, a slow dance of desire that neither could resist. Rose and Valentina had been longing for each other all night at the garden party. There were points in which Rose would call Valentina over and introduce her to other royal members, their fingers would brush and slight touches on the waist were made. Val, towards the end of the party, walked over to Rose and whispered in her ear how much she wants her to take control and fuck her until she can't walk in the morning. To which Rose's knees buckled and a red color rushed into her cheeks and ears.

Val POV:

Now, finally saying goodbye to the last of the guests and giving countless handshakes and bows, Rose and I make our way upstairs and toward her room. We pass through the long upstairs hall and turn abruptly at the sound of a loud thump. It is hard to make out in the dim golden hallway lighting but off near the guest room, Tiff and Emma are getting it on. Tiff has Emma wrapped around her torso as they make out roughly, Tiff's hand searching for the doorknob. Rose and I both chuckle. I touch Rose's shoulder to get us moving again but Rose of course shouts for them to get a room. Tiff lets Emma drop and stand on her own, bowing her head in embarrassment while Emma turns to flip Rose off. We walk away laughing, making our way to the other side of the hall and opening the door to the room. Rose makes her way to the balcony and opens the door to the dimly lit pool outside. The smell of chlorine and orange tree blossoms waft through the room. "We should take a swim, it's not that cold out and I am in need of some relaxation after the day we had," Rose said with a breathy chuckle. "For what it's worth you did really well addressing people today, they all love you." I step closer to her and press my chest to her back, turning my head into the side of her neck and inhaling deeply. "You my love would make an excellent queen one day." Rose quickly turns around with a huge smile on her face kissing me deeply. Her hands pull at my dress which causes it to hike up to the middle of my thighs. Before she can get too riled up I pull back watching her chase my lips. Her suit is halfway pulled off of her shoulders and her shirt is a complete crumpled mess. She looks so cute and fuckable, but if I want her to forget about any other woman she's ever had here, I have to play my cards right.

"We should change into swimsuits," I say bluntly. "What?" Rose eyes me up and down clearly forgetting about her previous thoughts on taking a swim. "You said you wanted to cool off? So let's change and take a swim." I walk towards the closet get my swimsuit and change while Rose finally undresses and does the same.

I wore a black one-piece that accentuated my curves. The sides were left open and the deep V showed off my breasts and collarbones. I grab a bottle of champagne from the small fridge near the closet before making my way outside to the pool. The moon is in the sky illuminating the inky black sky casting a soft glow over the secluded pool. The water looks so inviting but seeing Rose in her red bikini that rides high up her waist exposing her hip bones is something that I can't help but be drawn to. By the looks of Rose staring at me, I could tell she was equally as enticed. "Hi," Rose said as I made my way into the pool. Droplets of water were framing her body and face, her light brown hair all tousled up into a messy bun with strands falling in her face. She was the epitome of beauty and something I did not ever want to lose. "Hi, my love." I smile and set the bottle down on the mosaic-tiled edge of the pool. The colorful tiles that lined the pool are reflecting their light onto both of us, greens, purples, and blues lit up her body. We don't speak and instead move closer together, wading in the pool. Once Rose is within my reach I pull her her closer to me, the desire between us is palpable as I wrap my arms around her and into me brushing my fingers over her warm torso and face. Her eyes shine looking up at me, a gentle exploration of each other that is leaving us both breathless. "Val," I hum in response too caught up with the moment, "I came here with you because I wanted my family to understand my future, I wanted them to see that I can do more and be more than what they set out for me. I realize that this trip was not the easiest in the beginning and I can't promise you that it will be easy all the time but thank you for being mine and coming here with me." I search her eyes as if they will tell me more but for now, I stay speechless, holding onto her sides with all I can before mustering the energy to kiss her. The sound of our beating hearts was drowned out by the soft lapping of water against the pool's edge. I pulled away slightly, gazing into Rose's eyes with an intensity that was full of unspoken promises and shared secrets. Without words, I understood the depth of what was unfolding and I didn't want it to stop. "I came back here because I made a promise to my family, the throne, and my people. I brought you with me because you are my promise to myself. I want to travel, explore, live, and love, and it didn't take me long to realize that the only person I wanted there by my side was you." I feel my heartbeat pick up as her hands stroke up and down my sides, her words piercing through my heart like a knife. I feel her move but I'm afraid if I move my eyes to look I might cry. The water stills as she starts up again. "The responsibility of being in a relationship means to give and take, to understand and stand by your partner...your best friend. I came back here to accept my place and become more involved, I am the oldest, the heir, and I have to prepare for what comes next. But, I can't do it alone Val." Rose grabs my hand and puts it on her heart while her other hand travels to my cheek and pulls me in so we are touching head to head. Her breathing is shaky and so is mine, her vanilla scent traps me in. I know that I should speak up, I know that I have a plan of my own, but I can't stop this from happening. If she proposes then what do I do with the ring I had for her? What do I do if- "Valentina Fraser will you become my future queen?"

My breath is completely gone from my lungs her eyes are searching mine as I try to take in the situation fully without crying my eyes out. She grabs my hand that she put over her heart and opens a small navy blue box that was in her hand. A silver banded ring with a rectangular cut emerald gem sits in the box. Her eyes search mine and before I can think I run out of the pool almost falling on my way out. "Val...?" Rose's voice drops as if she is about to cry because the love of her life just ran away from the most thoughtful proposal of all time. "ONE SECOND HANG ON." I search my bag for the little red box before grabbing it and making my way back into the pool. Rose's eyes light up looking at me and she meets me halfway. Before she can open her mouth I show her the little ring box of my own. "Valentina oh my," "Rose, I have known since meeting you that you would be a big part of my life, what I did not expect was to completely fall head over heels for you. Every day I wake up you are the one that I first think of. I think of you every day, morning day, and night, and I couldn't imagine a better place than being in your presence. I couldn't imagine making anyone other than you smile. I couldn't imagine giving my life, heart, and time to anyone other than you. Rose Aldora Castellanos, will you let me be yours?" I open the box, and an aquamarine oval-shaped gem is sat atop a silver band with small diamonds around it. I pick it up shakily as she picks up the other ring. "yes." We both say as we place the rings onto each other's hands. I wrap her in my arms and kiss her. The world seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of us in the warm embrace of each other.