sleep

Rose POV:

 We walked for around five minutes until we reached a gated apartment complex. It was lit up and modern and looked expensive.

Val grabbed my hand and led me towards the gate. She entered her code and it opened the gate with a click. We walked into the lobby area and walked up to the elevator and pressed the button.

As Val and I waited for the elevator I looked down and realized she stopped holding my hand. There was a certain comfort having her be protective and holding my hand. I slowly reach out with my pinky and grasp her pinky. I then pull her full hand into my own and smile at the warmth of it. I look up and take a quick glance at the tall girl next to me and see her smirking.

*ding*

The doors to the elevator open up and I step inside with Val. She presses the number 60 which means we are headed to the top floor.

The ride is quiet and calm but the presence of being with Val is comforting alone. Despite her icy looking self on the outside she's a softie and makes me laugh like there's no tomorrow. I smile whenever I am around her. And seeing her at T Time just made me like her more. She was so shy and nervous it was almost refreshing.

I get a chill up my spine when I begin to feel her thumb stroke my hand. A movement that I pulled while we sat at the bench that she is now doing to me.

*ding*

The doors to the elevator opened and I adjusted my eyes to the dim lighting of the hall. There is modern artwork lined against the walls of the hallway and a light wooden flooring. The building is modern and new and she seems to have the whole floor all to herself.

We make our way towards a silver colored door and she types yet again another code into an electronic keypad.

The door opens and she steps to the left to let me in. The air is cool and smells of her spicy sweet scent. There are floor to ceiling windows around the entire living room. Modern and vintage decor decorate the kitchen, dining area, and living room. There is a large sofa and a huge flatscreen t.v..

'Everything is so orderly and clean,' I think to myself, 'I love it.'

"Want anything to drink?" Val is now in her large kitchen, with dim lighting hitting her face from the best angles. "Maybe some water...or tea if you have some."

She smiles and lets out a hearty chuckle. "Tea? Of course I have tea princess." She begins to make it and gestures to the large greyish colored sofa, "you can sit and turn something on. It's not that late so if you want to watch a movie we can."

I set my bag down and throw off my shoes. I make my way to her sofa and take the controllers that we're sitting on the cushion and turn the t.v. on.

Some late night news channel pops up and I glance down at her remote to figure out how to work the damn thing.

Through my moment of mental confusion Val walks up and hands me a warm mug of what seems to be...green tea. I smile at the fact that she knew what my favourite tea was and look at her.

"How'd ya know that this is by far one of my favourite teas?" She looks over to me after taking a sip of some herbal tea and nods her head towards me.

"This morning when I saw you at the tea shop I made a mental note of what you were drinking. I just assumed that that was your go to." She says with a shy tone.

"Well good job at being the weird detective you are!"... "Also here. I can't get to any of your movies and I need you to teach me." I pass the controllers to her.