mine

Rose POV:

Ella is staring at Val and me with a smirk on her face. Her eyes scanned every inch of not only me but the girl I hold close to my body. I feel Valentina tense a bit against me as Ella makes her way closer and pulls a chair out from beside us. "Well. Isn't this just delightful, I didn't expect to see you here." She gazes towards Val who is now sitting in an upright position and fiddling with her suit cuffs. 

Before I could say anything Val opens her mouth nonchalantly looking over to Ella as if she is bored by her presence. "Look, Bella," "Ella." Ella chimes in with annoyance. Val's eyebrows perk up at the comment. "Right. I do not see an Ella on the reserved place card for the table. Are you sure you're in the right place? Perhaps try the table over there." Val points to the table in the corner near the restrooms and then pulls me closer to her. "HA my word, I didn't expect a commoner like yourself to be so witty to those that can ruin your life with just one phone call." At this point, I should have stepped in but Val seemed to have it under control, and her hand on my thigh was giving me the hint that she wanted me to stay out of it. "Right, and I have the power to not only save but end your life if I so, please. Now if you will excuse us, I have to engage myself in some, meaningful conversation before my brain turns to mush from your lack of basic conversational skills." I snort into my hand, which causes Ella to stare daggers at us as we get up and leave the table. 

"Val oh my god you-" "She's lucky she is still breathing right now. The audacity of her to just walk up to us after the shit she's pulled." Val lets out an exasperated sigh. "Oh love, don't worry about what's to come. I have put things in place and if it comes down to it I will have a public announcement sent out." We make small talk on our way towards the bar where I see some of my friends mingling and discussing random topics. Emma smiles as we make our way over, her eyes bright and smile radiant. "Hey, my favorite royal couple." She says with pride giving us a gentle hug. "Val, I wanted to let you know that I decided to bring your little jet-lagged friend Tiff to the party with me. I hope that's alright. We were talking this morning and hit it off." She looks at Valentina as if she is pleading for her approval. "Of course Emma, I am glad that she is out and about."

 Just then strong arms scoop Val into a hug. Tiff's big smile is plastered on. her face. She's wearing a blue pinstripe suit, and her hair is left in a shaggy way but slicked back on the sides a bit. She looks happy and put together, surprising considering she is still jet-lagged. "Hi, Princess Rose." Tiff places Val back on her feet and steps to the side a bit, nearing Em. "You can just call me Rose Tiff, no need to state my title." She gives me a nod of understanding before looking at Val. "You know, I am grateful to be out here. I have been long overdue for a vacation ever since my musical hit the stage." "You know I thought I knew Tiff from somewhere, as it turns out, I saw her give a lecture on her playwriting a few years back." Emma smiles at us and Tiff. If I didn't know any better I would say that Tiff and Emma are flirting. But from my knowledge, Emma doesn't even 'do relationships.' Val and I head back to our table after biding our goodbyes to Em and Tiff. "Ya know, Tiff and Em..." Val starts, "THEY ARE TOTALLY INTO ONE ANOTHER RIGHT!?!?" I exclaim to Val. "No cause I thought I was the only one that saw but Tiff looks so flushed when Em talks about her." We laugh and enjoy talking about the un-certain new relationship forming.

After a night filled with chatting, dancing, interviews, and donations, Val and I are finally headed home.The car's engine is soft and the sound of light music from a radio station is playing as Val and I sit in silence on our phones. After a few moments, Val speaks up. "Looks like the press finally came to their senses." She hands me her phone showing me an article with pictures of her and me from tonight captioning, "Princess Rose and Girlfriend Dr. Valentina Fraser." I smile and hand her back her phone. "Good. Now we can go." I say closing my eyes in partial relief for succeeding in the one problem but contemplating how the rest of the trip will go. My thoughts are interrupted by Val. "Go where Rose?" 

"Greece."